Gravel lot STATUS... Just sharing in advance

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So, my pass report looked like I might screw myself on getting over the pass this week with the trailer and SNOW. And I took @Buzzy advice and got out of town early.

Screenshot_20240226_075609_WSDOT.jpg
Screenshot_20240226_075458_WSDOT.jpg

I am sharing this news because I was surprised that the state wasn't done with their project. In the fall I had come by the lake and WDFW appeared to have leased part of the gravel parking lot to Washington State Parks as a staging area for the reconstruction of two bridges on the bike path (old railroad bed). And they are not done.
20240224_130524.jpg20240224_130539.jpg
20240224_130705.jpg

There is no parking in the agreed to/leased area. As you can see, they have a large area on the east end and south side of the parking lot. I talked this morning to the attendant and he has 18 wheelers coming in and out all the time to unload bridge materials.

dji_fly_20240226_083722_658_1708966235762_photo_optimized.jpg
Drone image from this morning....

Just wanted to let people know in advance.

Last edited:

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Unreal. It just seems a little bit of common sense and planning could have avoided this.

Reactions: JS

RCF

Life of the Party
Add Washington State Parks to the equation and you get a much worse agency to deal with than WDFW. Want to see pictures of the boat launch at Dry Falls State Park?

I wonder about the gate leading to the lake?

I do not have enough recent info on WS Parks to know one way or another. When I had RVs I stayed in a lot of them and thoroughly enjoyed them. I felt Oregon's were nicer though.

RCF

Life of the Party
Maybe, just maybe, with all the additional additional activity it will help keep the tweekers away. I remember in the 90's when a certain ethnic group was catching fish there illegally, 100's of fish daily BTW, and boiling them in the parking lot for future consumption. When I stayed there I never felt safe. That was before current conditions and break-ins too. That is the last time I fished there. Such a great fishery watching large fish swimming by under the float tube and catching large browns nuzzling the cattails bumping them to get bugs from them.

So maybe a good thing there is activity there?

Plus, who would want to rebuild 2 bridges in the middle of winter in very, very cold weather?

Last edited:

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Guy's - I'm sure the gate that keeps folks from driving to the lake is still there and locked closed. My bad for people misinterpreting my above post.
Oh, you're fine Buzzy. I was actually asking based on the drone photo, but I now see that the gate is just out of view of the photo.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Oh, you're fine Buzzy. I was actually asking based on the drone photo, but I now see that the gate is just out of view of the photo.
Part of me thinks DFW or State Parks could have installed some temp fencing outside (or is it inside?) of the gate (to prevent people from driving to the lake) to open up some extra site access. I guess people will just park on the road or go to Nunnally.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So how do you all launch your boats, carry them?
Oh, you haven't seen the armada of wheeled creations to get a boat in there? That's half the fun on opening day. :ROFLMAO:

I happen to use this since I already have it. I bought it so I can pull (with my bike) my deflated Commander to self shuttle on rivers. It also works for my fully inflated Commander and Striker raft by walking it in. The guys with prams put some sort of wheels on the stern and walk them in.

1709089238222.png