Getting Skunked

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
Yesterday I got skunked at my favorite lake, you know, the one with all those fish that anybody could catch. The guy down the way did, screaming like a fool at every success. Must a been a lot of success, cause he screamed a lot. Now I'm a f--ing loser. Worthless scum that can't even get a strike after buying thousands of dollars worth of gear. Went to my granddaughters birthday dinner last night. They asked me how fishing was going. I lowered my eyes and said it was good. Oh! what a dork, I can't even catch one measly fish. I hope you never get into this shameful position. It's living hell....

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
The fisherman's lie.
I went fishing and did not catch any fish. I tell all my friends and family I caught one. If I caught one I tell everyone I caught 10.
So do ya see where I'm going with this.
Hold yer head up high and lie.
I C&R and I don't take pics so who is to know if I smell like a skunk or not.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Who doesn't get skunked? Many folks say that cutthroat are easy to catch and that Lahontan cutties are the easiest to catch. Lenore has handed me a skunkin' the last two (or has is been three?) times I've been there. So, no "screaming like a fool" for me. ;-)

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
It could have been worse. I met a guy this morning while out with my camera. His dog got skunked too . . .

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yesterday I got skunked at my favorite lake, you know, the one with all those fish that anybody could catch. The guy down the way did, screaming like a fool at every success. Must a been a lot of success, cause he screamed a lot. Now I'm a f--ing loser. Worthless scum that can't even get a strike after buying thousands of dollars worth of gear. Went to my granddaughters birthday dinner last night. They asked me how fishing was going. I lowered my eyes and said it was good. Oh! what a dork, I can't even catch one measly fish. I hope you never get into this shameful position. It's living hell....
Was that you down the way from me? I’d like to say I was sorry, but I was having too much fun catching. 😂

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
when I'm lake fishing with zero success no matter what I try, and other fisherman are catching, I look around carefully to make sure there are no witnesses, and then covertly tie on a squirmy wormy...if that doesn't work, time for the barn
1700016235825.png