Found at least one willing player...

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I find all the positive responses to these photos rather interesting. The only thing I take away is I don't want to be in a little rubber floaty outcast with my feet dangling like bait in the water that has these things swimming in it. I seen to many of those videos of these things destroying ducks or other small woodland creatures right off the surface of the water. It also reminds me a a video of some guy sticking his arm in the water off a dock somewhere in the south east and a tarpon grabs it and drags him in. No thanks!!! :LOL:
While I have never targeted musky or pike, I have had a few turn on, and even take stuff while bass fishing in shallow water, though they broke me off almost instantly. It is enough to really get the heart going for sure and make me want to come back with the appropriate tools.
Looks like a fun day for sure. Well done!
Funny story. My very first tiger I bagged appeared out of nowhere and wasn't looking at my fly, but was facing towards my fins. It gradually disappeared, I fired a cast into it's general direction, 2 strips and a full view eat!

Mike Ediger

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Funny story. My very first tiger I bagged appeared out of nowhere and wasn't looking at my fly, but was facing towards my fins. It gradually disappeared, I fired a cast into it's general direction, 2 strips and a full view eat!
Nope. If this had happened to me I wouldn't have been in the water long enough to get a cast off.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
I find all the positive responses to these photos rather interesting. The only thing I take away is I don't want to be in a little rubber floaty outcast with my feet dangling like bait in the water that has these things swimming in it. I have seen to many of those videos of these things destroying ducks or other small woodland creatures right off the surface of the water. It also reminds me a video of some guy sticking his arm in the water off a dock somewhere in the south east and a tarpon grabs it and drags him in. No thanks!!! :LOL:
While I have never targeted musky or pike, I have had a few turn on, and even take stuff while bass fishing in shallow water, though they broke me off almost instantly. It is enough to really get the heart going for sure and make me want to come back with the appropriate tools.
Looks like a fun day for sure. Well done!

My first came right off the swimming beach, just after a mom passed by with a toddler on her paddleboard.