fishing Back to the Wall on Saturday

dep

Steelhead
just wondering if anyone else on this Forum will be there as well.
and I plan to fish Dry Falls tomorrow - will anyone be there?
not sure if we are fishing someplace on Sunday.
love to put names to faces. I will be in a green Jeep grand cherokee.

I plan to send a report next week.

Islander

Life of the Party
just wondering if anyone else on this Forum will be there as well.
and I plan to fish Dry Falls tomorrow - will anyone be there?
not sure if we are fishing someplace on Sunday.
love to put names to faces. I will be in a green Jeep grand cherokee.

I plan to send a report next week.
Looking forward to your report. Dry Falls was one of my favorite places when I lived in Washington.

dep

Steelhead
here is my follow up report.
I fished Dry Falls on Friday. gorgeous day and probably 14 people on the lake. in a nutshell, I did not do any good. my still water tactics proved no match for the lake. I was not prepared, nor interested (mainly this) in deep chiro fishing. most of the people on the lake were doing this and not a lot of fish were caught. the scenery is spectacular and we called it a day about 2:00. we were saving our energy for the next day.
we fished the lower lake at BTW. the upper lake had a lot of matted material on the surface and we were not sure if the winds would push it out of the way. the lower lake is known for less fish, but on the larger size. I would say there were 11 people fishing - prams, pontoon boats and u-boats. there was plenty of room on the lake. the fishing started kind of slow but picked up as the day went along. the afternoon was stellar. while I tried some chiro fishing for a bit, and half the other boats put in more time than I did, I moved about stripping back various patterns through out the lake - this caught fish from 15-25 inches. some big fish were caught. being a pay-to-play lake, this is what we expected.
as mentioned, the afternoon was stellar. we concentrated on smaller nymphs and caught a lot of nice fish. between my one buddy and I, we landed about 70 fish. I brought another friend who does not fish much and he landed 8 large fish. and he was extremely happy.
it was a long day in warm weather, but we thoroughly enjoyed the day. yes, we paid for this trip, but the size of fish was worth it.

here is one average size fish - I would estimate at 21 inches.

Attachments

• bttw2023.jpg
    bttw2023.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 45

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
What a fat fish, nicely done at BTW. Bummer about Dry Falls (your report mirrors what two of my friends report - Dry Falls is being tough).