February tying contest thread-and January's winner is:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
This pattern works in lakes and streams. The one below is tied on a size 14 1120. I like to use heavy wire hooks even on dries if I can get away with it because this pattern does hook big fish sometimes. The CDC floats this just fine, especially on stillwater.

Fishy view (quartering underneath):

5D81667B-565A-47DB-AC96-DECC569A7F4E.jpeg

Side view:

B707ACCA-38D9-44A3-884D-4808ADC78368.jpeg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
This pattern works in lakes and streams. The one below is tied on a size 14 1120. I like to use heavy wire hooks even on dries if I can get away with it because this pattern does hook big fish sometimes. The CDC floats this just fine, especially on stillwater.

Fishy view (quartering underneath):

View attachment 56032

Side view:

View attachment 56040
That's not an emerger, that looks more like a dead caddis...clearly not an emerger.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Here’s my latest version of the foam backed Raccoon. Looks like this one has been chewed on by at least one fish.

View attachment 56045

This was part of the damage from the day I decided a foam back raccoon might be a better idea as far as durability.
SF

96F8C51E-179D-470D-9795-52A62729F433.jpeg

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I just stopped fly fishing. I also just tossed my vise over the fence. If it emerges, I will definitely not report back to this forum.
One time I pissed my roommate off and he tossed my day old bagels over the fence. I was hungry and confused when I got home.