February tying contest thread-and January's winner is:

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
This is definitely not the strongest closing argument from the Defense that this court has seen. But since we are after hours at the bar now, I’ll tell you that I’m actually not a big fan of fruit salad, but I would not put tomatoes in it, just like I would not put pupae in a nymph salad. But we’re just talking about fruit salad and word salad, the case having been decisively settled and all (with no appeals), so you do you.

And when I finally get home later this weekend I plan to tie an emerger and post it in this thread.
Heirloom tomatoes and nectarines pair very well together with a mustard vinaigrette…

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I was trying to completely fill my nymph box before tying anything else…but now I might have to tie an emerger before I leave tomorrow (and away from my bench for a couple weeks)…

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This is definitely not the strongest closing argument from the Defense that this court has seen. But since we are after hours at the bar now, I’ll tell you that I’m actually not a big fan of fruit salad, but I would not put tomatoes in it, just like I would not put pupae in a nymph salad. But we’re just talking about fruit salad and word salad, the case having been decisively settled and all (with no appeals), so you do you.

And when I finally get home later this weekend I plan to tie an emerger and post it in this thread.
But do you admit that order Diptera, do emerge just like the image shows from the beginning of all this? Which was my point from the beginning by the way.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Actual emerger
Used this in different colors and sizes for over 30 years with good results many places.
The 'L,M,N' lakes when I used to fish them, and the 'P' lake as well.
Dress the snout with floatant...quick and easy, down and dirty pattern
:)

20230225_113838.jpg

RCF

Life of the Party
Gwent-Angling-Society-How-to-Choose-the-Correct-Fly-Part-3-Flat-Winged-Diptera-01-770x513.jpg

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
But do you admit that order Diptera, do emerge just like the image shows from the beginning of all this? Which was my point from the beginning by the way.
“Admit”? I don’t have to admit it. I completely agree and always have, which the record reflects. Just ask the stenographer.

Reactions: Zak

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I just realized we were actually talking past each other, in agreement, this whole time. The whole syntax/semantics thing got us all derailed. Stillwater nymphs and pupae both emerge!

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Oh I do though. It was with you after you passed out in the Dalles until PDX. Or maybe you were just napping! Good beer!
A: that wasn't your first

B: I thought we weren't going to talk about that....