DamnšŸ˜²

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
I'd love to see that pic! I've spent years drooling over a picture of my dad on the kenai, hoisting a 64# chinook that seemed to engulf his 6'1 200lb frame.

It looked like that fish.
I'll find it. The fish is in the cooler there with a 20 lb king laying along side it.
The 20 pounder looks like a jack compared to the big one.
30+ and fish over 40 up to 50 lbs. were not unusual in those days on the Skagit in July.

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Chinook were firmly entrenched in the Rio Cisnes north of Coyhaique Chile above the casa del Alaman on the road to La Tapera by 1992. By design or otherwise we considered them an invasive species. That being said, the brown and rainbow trout encountered were also ā€œinvasiveā€ and looking at the bigger picture so are the humans that occupied the area in the historical past. Iā€™m not using the term invasive in a derogatory manner only as a description of how they arrived in the geographic area. They were a helluva surprise on a 7 wt! YMMV. šŸ¤”

Brian in OR.

Steelhead
Doesn't sound like the fish is out of the ordinary according to the article

ā€œIt was a bit over the average of the big ones caught every week,ā€ Biott told For The Win Outdoors. šŸ˜²

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
WDFW was called for comment and had this to say:

"We are aware of the situation in South America. This would never happen if we were on the job. We will get those bastards. We've already sent a copy of the Boldt decision and some management advice for the local officials down there."

BriGuy

Life of the Party
"...and we've informed the Southern Resident Killer Whales (SRKW). We expect they will soon leave Puget Sound to pursue those large Chinook. Good thing too, because the SRKW are an invasive species. It's right there in their name. They belong down south."

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
"...and we've informed the Southern Resident Killer Whales (SRKW). We expect they will soon leave Puget Sound to pursue those large Chinook. Good thing too, because the SRKW are an invasive species. It's right there in their name. They belong down south."

"We've requested the governor authorize emergency funds for a wall. Yes, a sea wall that will allow our native salmon in through the holes but keep invasive orca whales out. We expect this project to take several trillion and it is needed to save our salmon from these climate change pirate invasive whales."