Curious if you had 10 days….

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This pertains to only the PNW and 10 days of your choosing…

You get to do fly fishing every day if you wish or take a day or three off and do something else that’s fine Which state? Not looking for bodies of water/ towns/ etc. Simpky the state you would pick to do 10 days in? I’m curious is all. (The state no places need be mentioned))

Washington
Idaho
Montana
Oregon
(The slight stretch of PNW below)
Nevada
North Cal (north of San Francisco)

And I’ll start with Oregon Why? 🤫

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Hawaii for fishing and everything else there.
Alaska for hardcore fishing. Go in early July and fish til ya drop.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I would go for MT or OR I think. Lots of OR water I haven't seen and I've only been to MT once.

Dark Horse is BC if that counts.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You guys are killing me !!!! I should have put in no passport required. Alaska not included. But I did not list it. So fair point…but c’mon almost everyone will select Alaska and maple leaf fish …. But technically I get it. Yea. I’ll just look at results and muff off 🙃

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Local continental USA pnw states? You all qualify for usa political office by the way !!! 😆

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
Montana mid to late April pre run off. Virtually nobody around compared to summer, solid fishing, quality fish and you don't have to nymph, they will eat other stuff. Yes it's cold and can snow but who cares, nobody around.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Shit, I live and fish mostly in OR and still would choose OR since there are a ton of waters that I either need to spend more time on (no, not the D) or just need to explore for the first and second time. For trout, I'm a sucker for desert streams. But that's just me & my own opinion. But there are also a lot of cool smallmouth waters I haven't yet explored.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Like asking a guy watching a runway stroll of Victoria Secret's models which one he liked best, the correct answer being 'all of them'
You could do worse than an October trip in Oregon....if willing to spend the $ for guides, few days floating the Deschutes for bow's and steelhead, float tube the trophy lakes, stroll the Metolius, finish up with a few days of swinging for Kings in coastal tidewater.
Don't want to spend the $, self guided days on the D, Fall, Metolius and Crooked, float tube Crane, East, Hosmer, etc.
There, I just hot spotted locations only a few hundred thousand folks know about...lol

Last edited: