Countdown!!! ... Atmospheric River’ Begins to Pound Western U.S. With Rain and Snow

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party
Hiked around the desert today, starting to see some liquid water but most of it is still in the solid phase. Threw a rock from above a walk in fly fishing only lake and it was quite solid still. Give it another week or two of this weather and we should be fine. Can't wait, tired of driving so far north to fish the big river.

Last edited:

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Forecast for Beverly next Thursday is a high of 23 and a low of 9. Possibly the Seeger effect. Leech Lake is frozen solid, but it still is ski season in the high country so I’m not sure we can blame that on him. The view from the upper lift at White Pass was great today and the snow was decent. C458C9E9-BC88-4245-97DB-8609C3FF5320.jpeg7DF828B6-AED5-492E-A214-7F3B21FA9B22.jpeg

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
amd what is the Seeger effect?
So, It started years ago, I was "jonesing" to fish the March opener really early (90 or 120 days before), and as I am a "wet sider" and have to cross a pass to get to my lake I started watching the weather and counting down... And I changed the weather from bad to WORSE! I was younger and dumber and I hauled my trailer and hear over the pass in a blizzard. And the weather set in for a week of snow and colder in the opener. The next year I was told "Don't you f'ing start counting at 90 days!" So at 60 I started the count and weather watching... And "BOOM" I cause it again! And just two years ago the lake wasn't ice free until March 19th... And I caught hell about it, and I sat in a gravel parking lot for a week waiting!

So, now I just start counting and reporting later (about 60 days). And last year I went to Texas about 3 weeks before the opener and took the weather with me... My kids soon said "Go home! and take the Seeger Effect with you!"

received_482539769919157.jpgreceived_719179785720940.jpg

So, I will take the blame all I ask is I get to fish the opener!!!!

Bwahaha
received_795349791055351.jpg