Countdown!!! ... Atmospheric River’ Begins to Pound Western U.S. With Rain and Snow

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Snowing hard here right now, first day of spring break, trying to get the wife and kids on the road and out of my hair. Hopefully cabbage hill clears up later today... Thanks....

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just used my little buddy for the last three days and it make my tent trailer fairly comfortable at 30 degrees. Good info Shawn!
I have done this modification and addition to my Mr Buddy and it has made an incredible heat difference withing my trailer. The biggest plus is I don't worry so much about the massive drain the trailer furnace fan pulls on my batteries. I also added a second carbon dioxide tester.

This is the how to...

Flymph

Steelhead

I'll be the lone bonehead on this topic. When I look at 102% for my area it offers little hedge on potential summer drought and wildfires. Seeing snow on the hills this morning, instead, gave me some hope for a less intolerable and less destructive summer. I guess seeing my town enveloped by smoke and night time red skies has taught me to love Mr. Snowman! I would gladly trade 10 less days of fishing for 1 less wildfire!

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter

I'll be the lone bonehead on this topic. When I look at 102% for my area it offers little hedge on potential summer drought and wildfires. Seeing snow on the hills this morning, instead, gave me some hope for a less intolerable and less destructive summer. I guess seeing my town enveloped by smoke and night time red skies has taught me to love Mr. Snowman! I would gladly trade 10 less days of fishing for 1 less wildfire!
I would love 150% snow packs, just no snow the morning I send the family off for a 12 hour drive 🤦‍♂️

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Luv your weather station, is that the Ambient Weather's WS-2902 personal weather station..? Do you find it quite reliable and accurate..? I like the idea of the wireless setup, very easy install/setup with solar power. What's the max range you can get between the display and the sending unit..? I'm assuming no issues with signal transmission thru walls..? Did the display come with mounting hardware to attach to a wall..?
This is my weather station for home...

Ambient Weather WS-2902 WiFi Smart Weather Station https://a.co/d/fQ9uxrk

The station is very reliable, and once I got it all set up a did a comparison to my trailer Lacrosse station (which is old) and the difference is 2 degree (good enough margin of error). And just like my previous model, have to clean the spiders webs off and out.

The in house unit has two "screw" holes in the back to mount to a wall (maybe more just can't find it now).
IMG_20230324_123958748.jpg

My base station is about 80 feet from the outside station, and is almost line of site (sits on desk below kitchen counter and wall). (Picture of outside unit from kitchen window)
IMG_20230324_124044796_HDR~2.jpg

I had it hooked to our "rural divide" Internet (slow DSL) for a couple months, but then lost some home security systems that were more important to me.

If this one dies I will be buying another!

cdnred

Life of the Party
This is my weather station for home...

Ambient Weather WS-2902 WiFi Smart Weather Station https://a.co/d/fQ9uxrk

The station is very reliable, and once I got it all set up a did a comparison to my trailer Lacrosse station (which is old) and the difference is 2 degree (good enough margin of error). And just like my previous model, have to clean the spiders webs off and out.

The in house unit has two "screw" holes in the back to mount to a wall (maybe more just can't find it now).
View attachment 59029

My base station is about 80 feet from the outside station, and is almost line of site (sits on desk below kitchen counter and wall). (Picture of outside unit from kitchen window)
View attachment 59030

I had it hooked to our "rural divide" Internet (slow DSL) for a couple months, but then lost some home security systems that were more important to me.

If this one dies I will be buying another!
I read the link hat you included and it mentioned the Display Console Power (in house) was 5V DC adapter (included) with 3x AAA battery back-up (not included). The Sensor Array Power (pole mounted) was Solar panel with 2 x AA battery back-up (not included)..

How reliant is the solar panel for keeping things functional..? I'm thinking that if batteries were needed to be replaced, it may not be such an easy feat to do mounted on the pole..? Have you had an issues with having to replace the solar sensor batteries..? I'm thinking the solar panel shouldn't have any issues with supplying enough power. I've got a number of items connected to my Wi-Fi already plus a home security system so I need to look into how much it can handle without upgrading..

I'm thinking that in my case I'd need to mount it off a pole on my roof where access would be easy to reach. Overall for the price, it's a nice unit for keeping track of the weather and so much more informative to what is offered on TV. Did you happen to get any of the optional sensors that are available for it..? I think I may look into getting one this coming summer..

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I don't know yet if this blankety blank record low got the walnut tree again - 99% kill last year of the blossoms - April 15th.

Hey - no ice in the guides this morning.
Last spring a vicious wind storm took all the blossoms off of our plum tree. We harvested exactly two plums.
They are still on there now and starting to change so we may get some plums this year.