NFR College Football 2022

Non-fishing related

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Kansas state could throw a wrench in it all. Go get the national championship!!!

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
KU Jayhawks are my squad, but considering they've won I think 2 conference games in the last 5 years and would likely be beat up by some Texas HS teams, I'll root for K-State - number 2 son went there, so I'm aloud.

cheers

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
Looks like with the big new contract the Big 10 will be in good hands with Fox Sports. 🤣
SF

Fox Sports has Gus!!!! 'nough said....LOL

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Nebraska / Northwestern kick off at 9:30 this morning on Fox.
Enjoy some college ball if you aren’t out fishing today.
SF

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
Good game. Rooted for the underdog and, yet, felt sorry for Frost. Hope Nebraska sticks with him for another year or two... NW team should have fun the next couple of days.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Love it when smaller "academic" schools take it to powerhouses ... well, what once was a powerhouse, guess it's been a while now.

cheers

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
I follow and support 3 teams, with an option for a fourth. Penn State, Bucknell, Texas Tech, and whichever catches my fancy.

Right now, my most favored is Bucknell. The two major teams have all the finances in the world to buy their way into the talent they need.

Bucknell on the other hand is a much smaller school with about 5/8ths the budget and still manages to have a decent talent pool. Now, they just need a better staff.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Scott Frost is gonna get frosted by the alumni after that one! He was already on the ice with his 15-29 record entering this season. He’ll need to win 9 to save his job for another year. 😬

Nebraska. Once a feared opponent is now
viewed by many schools as an opportunity for another W to their season.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
With rivalries the underdogs sometimes rise to the occasion to defeat their power brother and it’s a beautiful thing. Ripping them from a great bowl game. Sending them to El Passi Texas or somewhere similar.
El Paso has its own problems in the form of the UTEP Miners. Dont make it worse.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Scott Frost is gonna get frosted by the alumni after that one! He was already on the ice with his 15-29 record entering this season. He’ll need to win 9 to save his job for another year. 😬

Nebraska should have never fired Frank Solich. He was 58-19 as head coach and got canned and replaced by Bill Callahan.
Except for a few decent years since, they’ve sucked.
Watching that idiot Bo Pelini coach them was tough. It was like watching Mike Stoops twin brother coach.
SF

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
This is some real tin foil hat bullsh!t right here...
JFC...go figure...rigged...LMFAO

LOL

What do you think this is, an election or something ?

:)
No, there is a point to it. The NCAA being the cockwombles they are, decided to stop dealing with managing the national championship and associated bowl games, and turned it over to another bunch of f'kwits who happened to be SEC alums... so, now everything is skewed toward SEC dominance.
They then compounded this disgrace by allowing big money sponsorships to basically do with college football as it pleases.

So, now we get semi pro football in the guise of being collegiate, along with the commensurate semi literate, drug and money addicted "player/graduates".

Time to shut it all down and start over.

Last edited:

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nebraska's

Nebraska fans and boosters still think they are an elite program as they were back in the Tom Osborne days. It kind of reminds me of where Indiana's basketball program has gone since Bobby Knight got fired.