NFR College Football 2022

Non-fishing related

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Wonders if Georgia without Bennett will still be in the mix next year. They have at least 10 high quality starters returning. About the same as 2021 and 2022 national championship teams...
They’ll re-load. The really good programs rarely have to re-build...especially with the transfer portal the way it is now.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Stopped by my local watering hole yesterday. A friend described the natty as "two hours of my life I'll never get back" I told him if you had TCU and 50pts...........you lost.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I was hopping for a better show out of TCU. But that didn't happen. Then I got to thinking how many points is Georgia going to score on them Every thing that the Dogs did worked like a charm.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
And he very well could have made
More this season than that other guy wearing 13!

Maybe…..
I know COVID played at part, but I hope they go back to the 5 years to play 4 with few to no exceptions. Transfer all you want but the clock should start ticking on those five years once you set foot on someone’s campus.

I’m not sure if he decided to come back or not, but missing seasons due to injuries is part of the game. I know this is an unusual case but granting nine years of college eligibility is ridiculous.
SF

2780E131-7B44-447D-98A8-640EC74979A7.jpeg

creekx

not crate trained
Maybe…..
I know COVID played at part, but I hope they go back to the 5 years to play 4 with few to no exceptions. Transfer all you want but the clock should start ticking on those five years once you set foot on someone’s campus.

I’m not sure if he decided to come back or not, but missing seasons due to injuries is part of the game. I know this is an unusual case but granting nine years of college eligibility is ridiculous.
SF

View attachment 49634

e658e6bc-018d-4d31-9c1f-593c25b994eb_text.gif

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Maybe…..

SF

View attachment 49634
And after 7 seasons at Oregon he’s transferring to a new school?

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
College football has always had way more "old dudes" than most people realize. It's just not that often that one of them is the QB of a back-to-back National Champion, so you don't hear about them. Today's game is LOADED with them. Both of my boys are currently playing college football and their teams have at least 12-15 guys each that are 22/23 years old with remaining eligibility. My oldest son played with a guy this year who is 22 as a red-shirt sophomore...he will be 23 this year. If he plays the remaining 2 years of eligibility, he would also be 25.

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
I was under the impression with the new transfer rules, only the first transfer let you compete right away and then any transfers after that, required sitting out a year before playing. Am I wrong?