coho

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Anyone ever have luck swinging green butt skunks deep for coho?

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Giving up on catching a steelhead and trying to figure out other uses for your flybox?

I'm sure they'd work eventually but the strip is way more productive for coho than a dead swing.
I never give up my friend. I was just curious and thought it would be a fun topic.

the_chemist

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
No bright fish to be found but a 4 species day is always fun. Also got my pr bull trout for this system.VideoCapture_20231125-161749.jpg
VideoCapture_20231125-172012.jpg
index.php
index.php
VideoCapture_20231125-172050.jpgVideoCapture_20231125-172717.jpg
* no green butt skunks were harmed in the acquisition of these pics.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20231125-171948.jpg
    VideoCapture_20231125-171948.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Smalma

Life of the Party
Use to like what I called the fall anadromous slam, coho, sea-run, bull trout, chum and steelhead. Several times managed to pull of that slam with wild fish. With the current situation with chums and steelhead much more difficult today.

Curt

Otter

Steelhead
If I wanted to have the least amount of flies and gear possible to hit the river for coho, what would you take to the river, and how/where would one fish it? I appreciate all the advice but freshwater salmon on the fly seems to get more daunting rather than less the more I read about it! I almost think I should stick to steelhead
Three flies: Glo bug trimmed very small (max. 3/8"), dead drifted. Gold bodied Rolled Muddler #6 or #8, with the deer hair trimmed way down (small head, and less than 6 hairs left on the wing. Mallard wing absent or miniscule), vary the retrieve. Pearl Mickey #6 or #8, vary the retrieve. If chum are present, use circle hooks to prevent snagging them.