Coffee Pot

I want to go, looking at the weather it looks like BIG wind and a bit chilly in the tent at night. But, what way does the wind blow? I'd be tube fishing. Mid-week I'd hope for a camping spot. I've watched all the YouTube video's, looks great.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Tombraider - The majority of the lake's "west" is surrounded by tall, vertical basalt cliffs so if you had a west wind you might find shelter along the base of the cliffs. I think more often (not based on scientific method) the wind blows down the long axis of the lake, call them a "north wind" (that would be from Coffeepot Road to the south) or a "south wind" blows up lake towards the launch bay. This "south wind" can be ferocious and waves on the main body of the lake get big.

A tent; keep it zipped up tight.

Good luck.

Hobbyranch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Tombraider - The majority of the lake's "west" is surrounded by tall, vertical basalt cliffs so if you had a west wind you might find shelter along the base of the cliffs. I think more often (not based on scientific method) the wind blows down the long axis of the lake, call them a "north wind" (that would be from Coffeepot Road to the south) or a "south wind" blows up lake towards the launch bay. This "south wind" can be ferocious and waves on the main body of the lake get big.

A tent; keep it zipped up tight.

Good luck.
Critters?

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Thanks for all that, man it took the wind outa my sail. Will postpone on wind. Guess I'll look around here again.
If you had a sail on your float tube, you'd be able to cover some water (sorry, couldn't resist).

One morning my friend and I got to Coffeepot, I was towing my 14' Hewescraft. Two guys in a bassboat were just tying down their bassboat and heading out. I wandered over to say hello and inquire about fishing. One of the guys said "Oh man, white grubs, we just knocked 'em out". Keith and I launched into the bay, STRONG south wind. Whitecaps in the launch bay. I motored to the far side of the launch bay to get a little shelter behind a point of land but after about a half hour of the 25# mushroom anchor pulling, we trailered the boat and headed home. "we just knocked 'em out", I bet those two guys laughed all the way home at two dumb butts launching their boat into that wind.