Calling Nick Clayton

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Those things are bad ass, and can definitely handle more water than most would think, but 44 knots on an average PNW ocean would be pretty damned miserable lol

Could definitely get there quickly, but boy would it be cold on some days!

Last edited:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Those things are bad ass, and can definitely handle more water than most would think, but 44 knots on an average PNW ocean would be pretty damned miserable lol

Could definitely get their quicky, but boy would it be cold on some days!
That's basically what I was thinking. I've been on one of those military grade RIBs, I think it was an even bigger version, on a tour of the Na Pali Coast, and I've also been out to the PNW tuna grounds a few times, so I'm not completely full of it, just mostly.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Looks like the perfect Mako rig....

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Not sure I'd really want to be standing in the bow of that thing on an open ocean trying to cast, but it definitely wouldn't break my heart to spend some time at the wheel of a boat like that on a flat ocean!

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Not sure I'd really want to be standing in the bow of that thing on an open ocean trying to cast, but it definitely wouldn't break my heart to spend some time at the wheel of a boat like that on a flat ocean!
That'd be okay, I guess, but just picture using this at PNP! First cruising low over the lineup only to splash down 300 yards off shore, you could give a whole new meaning to "buzz bomb"!

WhatsApp-Image-2022-02-08-at-7.08.42-PM.jpeg

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
That'd be okay, I guess, but just picture using this at PNP! First cruising low over the lineup only to splash down 300 yards off shore, you could give a whole new meaning to "buzz bomb"!

Would sure open things up offshore when it comes to sliding in on jumpers

Vandelay Industries

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
That's guys seem to do just fine in a RIB fishing for tuna.

It is the Mediterranean sea though.