BC mid August

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Well @Irafly and @troutpocket and I will be spending a week up in BC fishing around 4500 feet. Any flies I should be tying up? Hatches? General advice?
Pm's welcome as well!😁
BillyScreenshot_20220708-060339_Maps.jpg

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
You'll be driving up the North Fork Thompson to Little Fort to get to your destination so a stop here https://www.littlefort.com/ is mandatory. Don't leave without a '52 Buick.

Maybe the mosquitoes will be "done" by the time you're up there, maybe.

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Dave Westburg is the man to ask all things Meadow Lakes. I was there in late June for the beginning of the Sedge hatch, they were late and only saw a couple. Mid-August I’d probably want to hike in to their highest elevation lake(s).
Doc Spratley is a popular pattern there.

Lakedude

Just Hatched
Pre-covid I fished Flapjack at least once a year, but mainly in June. As already mentioned, Doc Spratleys are a good choice. We were in the area last month and intended to fish Flapjack again, but there was still several feet of snow on the road and we couldn't get there. I'm sure that won't be a problem for you next month. I've never fished Meadow Lake.

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
@_WW_ mid-August works for our schedules. We aren’t all retired ya know ;)

But I’ve had some great fishing in other locations in August, particularly larger lakes in the Rocky Mountains at high elevations. Substitute some latitude for altitude and I’m hopeful we’ll have some decent options.

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
I was at Meadow Lake last August. Fishing was poor. Water was low - could just barely get into Little Friendly from Big Friendly.
Was just there this June 23-30. Fishing was good. Epic day at Heather. June & Oct. are the best months. Have fun. You'll eat well.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
I'll be there is 2 weeks. In the past I have done well there with Little Fort Special's, trusty Hale Bop leech, Doc Spratley (red) and very small chartreuse damselfly nymphs.

Also, this is my first time posting here.....
Welcome! Don't catch all of them! 😁