Baseball 2024

Divad

Whitefish
pure dirt baggery from the Dodgers with the young couple that caught Ohtani's first HR. Probably worth a hundred grand, Dodgers separated her from her husband and pressured her saying if she didn't hand it over they would refuse to authenticate it...and offered her a few souvenirs.

That’s f’d up, I hope they sue. The fact they won’t authenticate it because they aren’t getting there way is so wrong.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
I suspect most of the league will catch on to what the Royals do well and cut down on their opportunities to do so.

Hard to catch up with the speed they have. Right now they are playing very good baseball in all aspects. Outstanding starting pitching, bullpen has come on, they are at art near the top in most offensive and defensive categories. May not last, but it's real fun to watch right now.

Go Royals

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I just watched a couple videos of Angel Hernandez behind home plate. How embarrassing for the league.
If I was to go watch a Mariners game I would have to make sure he's not on the field that day, wouldn't be worth the trip.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Not sure if there is a College Baseball thread, but…
Beavers 🦫 WIN 2 - 0 !! to take game one against the Ducks.
Starting pitcher went 8 with 14 strikeouts.
Bazzana gets #20 HR for the season.

Divad

Whitefish
Can Haniger not play defense anymore? He’s had a couple dropped balls on the transfer from mit to hand and a couple poorly read fly balls that drop in the last week. Then today two errors in one inning.

RCF

Life of the Party
Mariners have been playing some great baseball last few weeks. First place in the division too.

The Mariners have won consecutive series against the defending World Series champion, the defending NL champion, and the team with the best record in baseball. The Mariners pitching staff leads the Majors with 19 quality starts this season, and are the only team in the Majors with 5 different pitchers recording at least 3 quality starts this season. They are 28th in team batting average but are getting it done.

How about them Mariners!

Last edited:

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Sure wish their offense was the equal of the pitching. One starter batting over .250? Not sure anyone would like to play them then. And though it is seldom mentioned for a role/replacement player Dylan Moore sure is a valuable part of the M's. Plug him in just about anywhere and watch him play. Some of his recent work in the field at short is definitely highlight reel material. Guy can play ball.

RCF

Life of the Party
Sure wish their offense was the equal of the pitching. One starter batting over .250? Not sure anyone would like to play them then. And though it is seldom mentioned for a role/replacement player Dylan Moore sure is a valuable part of the M's. Plug him in just about anywhere and watch him play. Some of his recent work in the field at short is definitely highlight reel material. Guy can play ball.

I too wish their batting was better. BUT they are getting it done at the right time in order to win games/series. I will take a series win anytime over a high team batting average and losing the series like the Atlanta, Arizona, and Texas just did. Plus they won the series against Cincinnati and Colorado.

It is fun watching the Mariners right now. I have not said that for quite awhile...

Last edited:

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I think the M's success is even more impressive given that Matt Brash and JP Crawford are sitting out right now. The high strikeout ratio has always bothered me... I really prefer contact oriented offenses... but it's hard to argue with the current success and streak they're on.

Reactions: RCF

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Finally, folks jumping onto that Mariners bandwagon - what is the over/under on how many losses until they jump back off???? :giggle:

Real question though is how about those amazing young Royals and a not so young but absolutely amazing catcher, hitting a cool .355, with 7 homers and 27 RBIs ? They are 19 and 13, 2 back of the MLB best Guardians - took them to the end of May last year tp get to 19 wins. Bobby Witt Jr is the real deal, emerging as a true superstar with 41 hits (3rd), 9 doubles (tied for 1st), 4 triples (tied for first), 9 stolen bases (tied for first), and 27 runs scored (tied for first). His defense has been other worldly, making incredible over the shoulder basket catches (recall the great Willie Mays) ranging out into left center, throws from his knees, etc. Really fun to watch.

Go Royals

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’m by no means jumping on anything the Mariners are doing right now. Been there done that
Just remembering the end of last season and all the “what if’s “
Like what if they just coulda won a few more early games

RCF

Life of the Party
I have been watching the Mariners for decades now. A few ups and lots of downs. Is it a glimpse into the future? Definitely not betting on that. No way. No how...

It is just enjoyable watching them right now.

RCF

Life of the Party
Ms have two series against the Trashstros this month, one of those starting on Friday. Month of May looks pretty tough with Royals, Os, and Yanks; I'm fine with splitting a few of those series, but I'd love to sweep out Houston.
5 walks and an error in the same inning does not help the Mariners win anything.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Let's go Royals!

Somebody wake up the Astros

Rangers ready to pounce

A's over achieving?