B.C. chironomids

Back from five days fishing around Kamloops with Interior Fly Fishing Company. We fished a different lake every day. Because of their late Spring we were mainly confined to the lower elevation lakes near Kamloops. Despite the weird weather (what climate change?) manifest primarily in the squirreliest wind changes ever, we had tremendous fishing every single day.

Three different guides took us out. It was amusing that each guide had their personal belief system for the Very Best Approach (depth, tippet diameter, fly pattern, duration to fish a spot) for fishing chironomids and we absolutely swacked the rainbows with all of them.

We caught three different strains of rainbows and a boatload of brookies. Some representative pictures:
Pretty Pennask-Pennask - 1.jpeg

Brookie-
Brookie - 1.jpeg
Double in Moby Kamloops Trophy net- Blackwater on the left, Fraser Valley to the rightDouble - 1.jpeg

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Nice pictures, RGK! Glad you had a such a great trip. I'm excited to be heading up later this month but I'm wondering if you lip sored a bunch of trout in three of my favorite (zipper lip here) lakes. ;-)

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Last minute preparations for my trip (heading out Oh dark thirty 5/29) - 12 nights at Mile High Resort. We use the resort as our jumping off station and will fish three of the lakes @Rio Grande King fished plus one or two others. One lake, quite famous for two reasons: 1) big trout, and 2) the need for two spare tires is a lake I'd like to get back to, but we have had two flats simultaneously..... Not fun.

Tim - got my AriveCan App updated and printed out the receipt. Stoked! Cooked a big pot of sausage bean soup for one of our evening meals. I bought a nice flank steak that I will start the marinating process on Sunday morning and then grill that night - serving some basil pesto on pasta to go with the flank steak (fresh ginger root, garlic, sesame oil, soy, sake, red pepper flakes, black pepper and a dash of brown sugar).