Another Poacher

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Habitual Snagger caught again. Seems the sentencing doesn’t work for this asshat…

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Every day we should be allowed to pelt him with rotting spawned out fish. Maybe the "Shick Shadel" aversion therapy treatment might work.
stocks.jpg

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm actually amazed to read this. I've always seen these cases settled for pennies, dropped, or just flat not prosecuted. Go Pacific county. Seems like there are some folks in positions of influence there that understand the nature of game crime and it's importance to maintaining ethical sporting activities. I make no bones about the fact I hate snagging with a passion. I would have sympathy for a fifteen year old kid with bad examples but a 66 year old. No sympathy. Fifty days has to send a message.

Last edited:

cchinook45

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Habitual Snagger caught again. Seems the sentencing doesn’t work for this asshat…

Can we use the poaching hot line at O.D.FW. to report O.D.F.W. for not enforcing their own rules ?

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
This drives me crazy. The perpetrator was neither an “angler” or a “recreational fisherman”
I rewrote it for them-

Pacific County snagger sentenced to 50 days in jail for salmon snagging violations.​

OLYMPIA - A Pacific County judge has sentenced a POACHER to 50 days in jail…
There’s the truth!

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I like that they suspended his ability to get a license for five years. Because that will stop it. “Well, today’s a great day to go poaching, but I don’t have a license anymore.”

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Remember this guy?

rooftop

Smolt
Based on my experience in the state of Washington almost all fall salmon fishing in rivers is snagging. That is not to say there are not legit salmon fishing opportunities and Anglers but the number of corky snaggers greatly outweighs them.
And they always out-catch me.