A couple of friendly reminders

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
With winter now over you have to ask yourself: "Did I put address labels on all of my fly boxes this year?" If you have a computer, printer and some transparent tape you still have time to do this and possibly prevent the loss of a valuable box of flies. An hour well spent as opposed to the many hours-and dollars-spent to create a replacement box.

Another less important but handy tip is to put alignment dots on all of your fly rods that don't have them. The dots speed the process of rigging up and ensure that the sections are all properly oriented. To do this easily just assemble the rod as close to perfect as possible and clean the areas to be dotted with alcohol. With a single edge razor blade cut a round toothpick off square and dip in the paint of your choice then apply the dot of paint to the adjacent sections. As easy as putting a period at the end of a sentence.
RE. Alignment Dots: rumor has it that SAGE recently held a top-level management meeting wherein it was agreed that SAGE, when its opening price point for rods reaches $5,000, will seriously consider including this option for a nominal up-charge. Good news indeed!!

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
RE. Alignment Dots: rumor has it that SAGE recently held a top-level management meeting wherein it was agreed that SAGE, when its opening price point for rods reaches $5,000, will seriously consider including this option for a nominal up-charge. Good news indeed!!
It seems the more expensive the rod , the lack of alignment dots , the only rod I have now that came with dots was an Echo . My Sage , and Winston rods do not . I didn’t know they existed until I was building a rod with a guy , and he asked me if I wanted to put dots on it , I didn’t at the time ,I thought it sounded a bit tacky , don’t ask why , no idea . That being said , don’t care either way now . I’ve alway looked down the rod , and adjusted accordingly.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
It seems the more expensive the rod , the lack of alignment dots , the only rod I have now that came with dots was an Echo . My Sage , and Winston rods do not . I didn’t know they existed until I was building a rod with a guy , and he asked me if I wanted to put dots on it , I didn’t at the time ,I thought it sounded a bit tacky , don’t ask why , no idea . That being said , don’t care either way now . I’ve alway looked down the rod , and adjusted accordingly.

Scott rods have dots (no extra charge) :)

Peach

Stillwater Fanatic
I use all those free address labels that come from so many groups. Just stick them on and cover with packaging tape.

Good call on the license, thanks. Also, don't forget to send in catch cards.
Yup - done this not only on my fly boxes but other equipement as well that I can stick these labels on. Saved me twice from losing fly boxes.
These labels work good on nets as well.

I do have to write my telephone number on the labels, you have to have small handwriting but it works.

Peach

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I wish I was able to rig up the night before and just leave my rods in my car, but alas, I'm too paranoid someone will break in and steal my shit (someones already broken in to my garage and stolen all my tools)
Park a mile away and do it there.