6wts

mickey rat

Vermin
I have a number of Scott rods, my favorites of which are the 6wt Sector and 5wt Radian. My son has the 7wt Centric and is just about the nicest rod I've used. Very forgiving fast action. It would be interesting to compare cast the Sector and Centric to see what you think.

chief

Carper
Forum Supporter
I’ll throw this out there based on no self knowledge but seems to get a lot of good reviews. The Douglas Sky G.
I have both the Douglas Sky and the Sky G in 6wt and I like them both. They are both fairly fast rods but smooth with feel. They remind me a lot of the Hardy Zenith. For all I know they might come from the same factory in Korea as the Hardy's.... I think the Sky G maybe feels a little lighter in hand, but the action is very similar to the Sky. I fish them side by side and hardly notice a difference.

Divad

Whitefish
I've owned and fished somewhere in the realm of 63.5 million 6 wts. I've liked some, hated a few, and loved many.....The Helios 3D is the one I'd take to my grave.
Have you fished an NFC LMX 6wt? Asking because I want to build a 6 and have been eyeballing that one.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Have you fished an NFC LMX 6wt? Asking because I want to build a 6 and have been eyeballing that one.
I have the 5wt in that blank and like it quite a lot. Super crisp. On the faster side of my preferences, but not outrageously so....great in wind.

Divad

Whitefish
I have the 5wt in that blank and like it quite a lot. Super crisp. On the faster side of my preferences, but not outrageously so....great in wind.
Perfect thank you very much! That is the exact type of rod I wanted to go with, will drop by next week and see about picking one up.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter

I actually haven't fished/cast any NFC fly rods. I've messed a bit with a few gear rods on their blanks, but nothing in the fly realm.

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
I use an LMX 10' 6# out of my pram and like it a lot. True to line rating. Crisp is a good description. NFC makes good products...