Search results

1. rooftop

EVA foam decking

I've been told it does, but was hoping to hear about a non-sales person. :) If it can hold up to my insane GSP's claws, it'll hold up to my studs.
  2. rooftop

What fishing are you dreaming of right now?

Caught my first bonefish just before the new year and I can't wait to get back to the salt in February to chase Rooster and Dorado. But I'd also be happy to be sitting in the cold rain, rowing around a lake, searching for bows & cutties.
  3. rooftop

EVA foam decking

I was at the Portland Boat Show last Wednesday before the weather hit and saw a booth for a guy doing decals, restoration, and EVA decking. He even have a before/after Willy's drift boat that looked pretty fantastic. I started to think about how great it would be to replace the crappy floor...
  4. IMG_3066.jpeg

IMG_3066.jpeg

5. rooftop

Wanted 2000's Clackacraft WF

I feel like there should be some options in the 4k range, but it would really depend on you knowing someone who doesn't use theirs and likes you well enough to sell it that cheaply. I swear there are plenty of unused drift boats out there but you wouldn't know it from the used market. The best...
  6. rooftop

Favorite superglue?

Thanks for all the responses. I'll check out the Loctite. I kind of expected more Zap a Gap considering how much it gets referenced in literature an videos, but maybe it's just being used like "Kleenex." Lots of other great tips too, like the sticky notes, rice jar, and pill bottle with steel...
  7. rooftop

Favorite superglue?

I'm tying some saltwater flies and have been somewhat unhappy with the Krazy and Gorilla Glue I've been using. But it seems to be a better glue than the Loon Flow I use on freshwater flies. The Gorilla Glue applicator is horrible and is like coming your hair with a push broom. Any preferred...
  8. rooftop

Another Poacher

And they always out-catch me.
  9. rooftop

Fold away tongue for drift boat trailer

Wow, that's a smidge heavier than my boat (even when there are 3 very wet dogs on board).
  10. rooftop

Thanks for mentioning that. I'm sure I would have figured that out.... eventually. :) I have to figure out how to rearrange the kick-stand, jack, and hinge in a way that still shortens the tongue in a meaningful way. I love the kick-stand, so it has to stay.
  11. rooftop

I’m trying to make some room in the garage and have been eyeing the tongue on the drift boat trailer for a while. I’m curious if anyone has one of the fold-away adapters on their trailer. Has it been ok for long, bumpy roads? Any issues or concerns?
  12. jigs.jpg

jigs.jpg

13. rooftop

Non-Fly Jig Twitching - What you all doin!?

Recently went on an annual buddy fishing trip with some friends who are gear guys. I tied up a bunch of jigs and they held up pretty well. Bottom-left was the most successful, though those rubber worm tails are not very durable. Sadly, about half of them are stuck in LWD on the Satsop and...
  14. rooftop

Good boat net

I wouldn't say it's tight, but I like a tidy boat. Plus, a net is just another thing for the line to get caught on.
  15. rooftop

Good boat net

I've been hanging on to a crappy nylon rope basket net that I got a few years back. The net has worked well for big fish, but I need to replace it with either a nylon basket or a whole different net setup. Years ago, I floated with a guy who had a nice folding net, but haven't been able to find...
  16. rooftop

Most definitely true. It's honestly changed how I look at "good water" and "bad water."
  17. rooftop

36" Brown

The joy and internal reflection after he lands it is just the best.
  18. rooftop

Smaller lifts are the key. If you're moving from the water to the sky, you're snagging. But at least you look like a tool when you're doing it. I've had great luck with twitching jigs when there's a lot of water. I've only ever snagged chum or two while twitching. The coho and even chinook...
  19. rooftop

Old fly line for articulated hooks?

Thanks for the advice. My fly shop recommended converting the remainder into sink tips. I'll go with that route.
  20. rooftop

Old fly line for articulated hooks?

I lost my full sink line to a prop recently, but I still have about half of the running line left. I've used braid for the trailing hook on articulated streamers but wondered if anyone has ever tried old fly line. Seems like it would be a little stiffer and should be quite strong. I suppose I...