Wanted 2000's Clackacraft WF

Irish11

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Testing the waters here. I am looking for a new (well new to me) drift boat. I am under a budget (aren't we all, but hoping in the $5.5k range), but I wanted to see what was out there

Looking for a 2000's or newer Clackacraft WF (an LP is also an option, but would like the higher side). With the following if possible:

Needed:
  • Front and rear dry box seats (no front bench)
  • Rear casting brace (either gunnel mount or floor mount)
Would be nice:
  • Rod tubes fiberglassed in
  • Gulf Stream bottom (golf ball optional)
  • Galvanized trailer (painted would be okay, but galvanized preferred) titled in Washington (or trailer that has a title that can be transferred to WA)
  • Oars, anchor, etc.

Condition: Not afraid of some scratches, but would prefer the chines to be in decent shape (I am looking at 20-year-old boats so there will be some wear). Hopefully no dry rot, holes, cracks, etc.

Let me know what is out there if that is possible.

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

rooftop

Smolt
I feel like there should be some options in the 4k range, but it would really depend on you knowing someone who doesn't use theirs and likes you well enough to sell it that cheaply. I swear there are plenty of unused drift boats out there but you wouldn't know it from the used market. The best way to get one of this price it to go in on it with a friend who will pony up the additional 4k+ to get the boat you want. I have several friends who successfully share a boat, so it can be done.

Divad

Whitefish
Testing the waters here. I am looking for a new (well new to me) drift boat. I am under a budget (aren't we all, but hoping in the $4k range), but I wanted to see what was out there

Looking for a 2000's or newer Clackacraft WF or LP model. With the following if possible:

• Front and rear dry box seats
  • Casting brace (either gunnel mount or floor mount)
  • Gulf Stream bottom (golf ball optional)
  • Galvanized trailer (painted would be okay, but galvanized preferred) titled in Washington
  • Oars, anchor, etc.

Condition: Not afraid of some scratches, but would prefer the chines to be in decent shape (I am looking at 20-year-old boats so there will be some wear). Hopefully no dry rot, holes, cracks, etc.

Let me know what is out there if that is possible.
16’ Clack on OfferUp in Hoquiam w/ oars, dierks anchor & trailer. Asking $3k

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Irish11

I suggest to knock on doors. I see many boats with grass growing up around them or the cover tarps are rotting away.
Since they are too lazy to care for their boat, they may be too lazy to try and sell it.
(sell it for them)

Good luck.

On a side note.....if the house looks sketchy..... don't waste your time. The owner would rather see it rot away before someone else uses it.

Irish11

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
16’ Clack on OfferUp in Hoquiam w/ oars, dierks anchor & trailer. Asking $3k

I sent them a message on that one about a year ago when I bought the 1982 that I have now and they never responded, thanks for the heads up though! More eyes looking is always better

Irish11

I suggest to knock on doors. I see many boats with grass growing up around them or the cover tarps are rotting away.
Since they are too lazy to care for their boat, they may be too lazy to try and sell it.
(sell it for them)

Good luck.

On a side note.....if the house looks sketchy..... don't waste your time. The owner would rather see it rot away before someone else uses it.

That is a good call. I've been looking around while walking my dog. Maybe I need to expand our walking area. So far the only one I've found is my neighbor and his original one owner 1978 Lavro. Its pretty cool, but he uses it still and doesnt want to sell.

Reactions: BCO

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
One on Facebook marketplace in Seattle asking price is 5000. The add is in Seattle. Boat is in Cle Elum.

Irish11

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Bump, still looking. I keep coming across front bench models and am really looking for the walk around dry box seat.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
My Clack Magnum had a forward bench seat, removed it and installed a pedestal seat that was rock solid, and removed the bench seat from my current Sportcat and built a forward storage box I can change from a single to double seat. Easy to build a box, many companies sell them, so why not consider a decent hull/trailer in your price range and tweak it to your needs.

Irish11

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
My Clack Magnum had a forward bench seat, removed it and installed a pedestal seat that was rock solid, and removed the bench seat from my current Sportcat and built a forward storage box I can change from a single to double seat. Easy to build a box, many companies sell them, so why not consider a decent hull/trailer in your price range and tweak it to your needs.

Makes sense. I was looking at the insides without anything in them and looks like the forward flat floor on the WF extended further back towards the rower seat than that of the fly bench models. I was wondering about just pulling the bench and putting in a yeti or rtic cooler as the front seat as well, but figured they would be better on the raised flat floor than just on the direct floor of the boat. I could be very wrong there though.

WF "Standard Package"
1706148437006.png
Fly bench:
1706148486761.png

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Makes sense. I was looking at the insides without anything in them and looks like the forward flat floor on the WF extended further back towards the rower seat than that of the fly bench models. I was wondering about just pulling the bench and putting in a yeti or rtic cooler as the front seat as well, but figured they would be better on the raised flat floor than just on the direct floor of the boat. I could be very wrong there though.

WF "Standard Package"
View attachment 100884
Fly bench:
View attachment 100885
the benches detach in minutes, be worth checking one out..be surprised if it wojldn't support a box config.
On my glass Sportcat, I cut out the middle of the built-in center storage bench to convert the boat into a walk thru, built a storage/seat box (used the lid from the bench) which I mounted to two wood furring strips epoxied to the deck...if I ever wanted to remove it, be easy to cut the strips flat and then sand them 'out'.
So an approach to consider.20180822_122525.jpgIMG_20180718_165752.jpg

Irish11

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Bump, still looking. I've seen a few good options on Facebook marketplace and CL since my last bump, but I either missed them or the people are not responding to their ads.