Search results

1. ifsteve

Just the Facts - Redfish Report

Have been down for 6 weeks so thought I'd post up how my season has gone so far. No adjectives. Just numbers. Ya'll can decide for yourselves how you'd rate that. Trips - 15 Fish Landed - 20 (only fish I landed are counted here....if others guys were with me they have had similar numbers). a...
  2. ifsteve

Stripping Apron for Fish Cat Scout

Just tired of the stripping apron on my Fish Cat. Love the little frameless boat but the strpping apron sucks. It doesn't maintain shape so it almost useless. Anybody found an aftermarket versions that's worth a crap?
  3. ifsteve

Go to Indicator Line for 6wt

One of my two indicator lines finally gave up the ghost. Got at least 10 years out of it so no complaints. So time for a new line. My setup is a Sage Salt 6wt, Abel Super 5N reel. A full 6wt won't fit on that reel even though I have gsp backing so I had cut off a fair bit of the back of the...
  4. ifsteve

The Big H Yesterday

Man this lake is just a shell of what it should be. Fish populations way down and the F&G can't figure it out. Just keep stocking over a million fish a year and expect things to change. Yesterday fished a popular fall area. 0730 - 0800 zero hits 0800 - 0830 four hits, hooked and landed all...
  5. ifsteve

Wanted TICRx 9ft 5wt

Anybody got one laying around?
  6. ifsteve

FS Sage R8 10ft 7wt

Bought this rod to use for throwing streamers into the wind at Pyramid Lake. Fished it for one 2 hour session and its just not as fast an action as I like. I should have gone with the Igniter. The rod is like new in all aspects. Case still has the paper wrapping on it. I found it to be a very...
  7. ifsteve

FS South America Trout Flies

A bunch of flies I had tied for my trip to Argentina for sea run browns and Jurassic Lake rainbows. Of course took 3 times as many flies as I needed. Cliff boxes pictured included! $150 includes shipping to CONUS. PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking, Steve
  8. ifsteve

Truthful Pyramid Lake Report

Just got back from my annual trip to Pyramid and it was very very tough. We fished Thursday afternoon, all day Friday, and all day Saturday. We had bright sun the entire time except for a few hours of hazy overcast on Saturday afternoon. We did have two sessions with decent in our face wind and...
  9. ifsteve

Aluminum Boat for Lakes

Been fly fishing some intermountain lakes this summer and had forgotten how much I love that. After selling my boat so I could buy my retirement skiff I have been relegated to my pontoon (which is still a great tool). However, there is just no way around the fact that a boat gives you just...
  10. ifsteve

The Real Mileage of an Electric Truck

So Motor Trend has done a test for an electric Ford F-150. Not some EPA nonsense but a real world test on how it tows a RV. The bottom line - useless. To me the most interesting data was towing the smallest RV which is about the weight of a decent boat...
  11. ifsteve

Interesting Split Shot Thought??

Was fishing with a buddy the other day on a well known western lake. We were using identical setups. Two flies under and indicator. And the flies were identical since they were all ones he tied. The day started slow but picking up the occasional fish. Well at least he was. At one point he had...
  12. ifsteve

Any suggestions on how to carry two rigged flies for quick use?

For years I have been using take down cases that allow me to leave the rod in half and prestrung. I have historically taken off the bottom fly as I just keep getting them snagged or tangled in the case (and frrankly I'd just as soon as take both flies off). But lately I have been attempting to...
  13. ifsteve

Nitty Whine for the Day - Fish Pics

I love reading guys posts about recent fishing trips and especially enjoy well taken fish pictures. But guys there are two things, to me anyway, that make solid fish pictures. 1. Closeups that show off some amazing colors. and/or 2. Something in the picture that gives a reference to give the...
  14. ifsteve

Sinking Line vs Sink Tip?

If you are fishing a lake and want to target holes that run in the 18-20 ft depth do you think there is a marked advantage in using a full sink vs a 24ft sink tip (both in the 7-8 ips sink rate areas). Certainly the full sink is better but I already have the sink tip. Update: Going through my...
  15. ifsteve

What's your favorite intermediate line?

So was out fishing Henry's Lake yesterday and the intermediate (full line not tip) was the best approach. But the line I have is a clear intermediate which I really like as far as stealth but the thing has a butt load of memory and doesn't cast well on my saltwater 6wt at all. The line would...
  16. ifsteve

NFR US Men Soccer at Costa Rica Tonight

While for all practical purposes the US Men have already qualified for WC 2022 this winter in Qatar its still not official till they play tonight. Simple put all they need to do is to win, draw, or not lose by 6 or more goals. For those who watched them spank Panama on Sunday 5-1, you know the...