Search results

1. bobduck

day at a small put and take lake

Took the drift boat instead of the pontoon because the weather forecast said no wind. Wrong, so had issues holding my position on the lake while landing fish and had to apologize to a couple fellow anglers who luckily were very understanding. Also curious why I was catching and they...
  2. bobduck

Hopper legs

I bet some of you fellow tiers have known for a long time about making hopper legs with a hopper leg tool. I've been tyng a long time and didn't know of the existence of this gadget until I opened my latest issue of fly tyer magazine while waiting for my eye doc to show up. So after the...
  3. bobduck

Best electric trolling motor

I have a 16 ft alumaweld drift boat and plan to buy an electric trolling motor. Would only be used for lakes. Used to have an old minn kota 3 hp but it died plus it was heavy and I bent the transom on a rough launch. That's all fixed now so shopping and curious if anyone might have...
  4. bobduck

NFR College Basketball

I've been waiting for someone to start this thread. Football is over but hoops is going strong and I get into it pretty heavy. None of the four Pac 12 teams in the Northwest are really great this year. Just got done watching Michigan lose to Maryland which isn't a game I'd normally...
  5. bobduck

fly tyers meeting (Albany Fly Tiers Expo March 10-11)

Wondering if there will be a pacific northwest fly tyers rendezvous this year. In the past this event was held in Portland near the air base. I called Fly fishing outfitters in NE Portland but they haven't heard anything. Anyone have news on this?
  6. bobduck

1st trip report

There's no fish pictures as the only one I had on became an LDR after a brief but fun fight. Fishing in the shadow of a volcano was kind of eerie and I kept a lookout for any sign of a smoke puff and I would be out of there in a flash. Or at least as fast as I could move. Beautiful...
  7. bobduck

wild steelhead

I was just informed that Fred Meyer in Vancouver is advertising wild steelhead for sale. I haven't checked personally but will tomorrow. Thinking that the killing of wild steelhead is illegal I'm wondering if it is really wild or just wild caught hatchery fish. Or maybe they buy it from...
  8. bobduck

SFR Rattlesnake behavior

My buddy and I were enjoying a glass of wine after dinner on the D when he said Is that a snake? It was slowly crawling under my foldout table about 4 feet away and had the right markings. It was getting dark and my flash light confirmed it was a rattler about 2 feet long. My buddy says...
  9. bobduck

suntan lotion

My buddy and I were on a lake on a hot day in his drift boat. It was hot and being bare legged decided to get some protection and applied a little bullfrog lotion and passed to him and then he threw it on the deck of his boat with realizing the cap was loose. Some of it dribbled onto his...
  10. bobduck

dyeing moose hair

I've been tying moose hair bodies by using a waterproof ink sharpie to color each hair individually and it occurred to me there must be an easier way to dye a patch of moose hair all at once. I just want to dye a patch black which would give me the light and dark colors I want. Google was...