Search results

1. NukeLDO

SFR Two years out....Retirement

I know we had a thread in the old place concerning retirement, but thought I'd resurrect it here if you're willing to contribute your thoughts and experience. The wife and I are two years out from departing the workforce, Me at 60, her at 55. Looking to relocate from the hellscape of eastern WA...
  2. NukeLDO

LOOP Tackle

Well, for the second time I have broken the tip section on my LOOP OptiStream 5wt. First time was repaired by LOOP USA in ID. Apparently COVID killed that operation. So now, the only option is shipping to Sweden for repair or warranty work. The OptiStream is an older rod and no longer under...
  3. NukeLDO

Central OR - Oct Caddis

October caddis just starting to come off in central OR. Fish aren't fully keyed in yet, but managed to find a few willing to play between hiking adventures. Released to be caught another day.
  4. NukeLDO

Hilltop Lake

Anyone ever fished this pay to play lake?
  5. NukeLDO

Thanks!

Based on recommendations from many of you, I picked up the Ken Onion Work Sharp knife sharpener. While I can hone a knife edge to razor sharpness with whetstones, the amount of time and care it takes is just more than I'm willing to invest for all the knives we have. The Work Sharp sharpener...
  6. NukeLDO

John Day

Headed over that way for a week or so. Probably blown out, but gotta love the high desert in early spring!
  7. NukeLDO

AK Sept 2021.....Gear and Fly

Spent a week on Chatham Strait. First time fishing in AK. All inclusive lodge that was fantastic. Two days in the fresh water with the fly rod, four days in the salt with gear. Fantastic trip. Treated like kings at the lodge. Headed back in 2022.