Thanks!

NukeLDO

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Based on recommendations from many of you, I picked up the Ken Onion Work Sharp knife sharpener. While I can hone a knife edge to razor sharpness with whetstones, the amount of time and care it takes is just more than I'm willing to invest for all the knives we have. The Work Sharp sharpener works exactly as advertised by both you all and the company. All knives in the house sharpened to a razors edge in an hour. Amazing. Thanks for the tip!

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
Based on recommendations from many of you, I picked up the Ken Onion Work Sharp knife sharpener. While I can hone a knife edge to razor sharpness with whetstones, the amount of time and care it takes is just more than I'm willing to invest for all the knives we have. The Work Sharp sharpener works exactly as advertised by both you all and the company. All knives in the house sharpened to a razors edge in an hour. Amazing. Thanks for the tip!
Glad you like it. I loved mine. I'm about to buy a new one.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
sounds like Evan needs another toy

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm so hesitant for these type of gadgets, but man, I just don't have time for the maintenance my good knives deserve.

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
sounds like Evan needs another toy
You want razor sharp knives with ease, you'll want one.

Like I mentioned in original post. Mine lasted for years. I bought the demo model that had been used at every show in the Sportsmans Show circuit. So was well used by time I got it. Held up great for the years I had it and how many knives I sharpened with it.

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
I'm so hesitant for these type of gadgets, but man, I just don't have time for the maintenance my good knives deserve.
This is far from a gadget. Plus I watched so many professionals in the industry buy them. Mind you they would use an old school steel or stone in the field of there's no power. But they a lot use these now.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
it's now on my list of things to get. also about to pull the trigger on a Vacmaster since I harvest so much fish meat. so need to plan the budget accordingly.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Glad you're enjoying your purchase. Those things are fantastic for sure.

Saved me so much time and effort when I was deckhanding.

Never owned the Ken Onion but I think I'm on my third of their basic model. Will take the world's greatest fillet knife, the wood handled Dexter of course, to absolutely scary sharp in about two minutes.

I certainly understand some people's desire to use wet stones and such and the satisfaction of doing something manually, but I'm not one of those people. I am all about quick, easy, and effective for this sort of thing and boy howdy do these machines fit that bill.