What Are You Eating?

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
image000000.jpeg
Checked out an early chanterelle spot yesterday. Not a great year for this patch but got enough for a few meals. Found some very early yellowfoot as well.
IMG_1440.jpeg
Grilled ribeye with chimichurri. Grilled corn and zucchini with cherry tomatoes, basil and goat cheese. Foil pack potatoes, sweet onions and mushrooms.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Didn’t feel like cooking tonight, so I popped open a can of sardines. Added some wasabi paste to the mayo and topped it with walla walla sweet onions, green pepper, tomatoes, avocado and pepperoncinis.
I’m trying to avoid as much carbs as possible due to trying to lose weight, so slapped it on a low carb tortilla.
Currently down 19 lbs since mid June. Eating the bait is paying off! 😂
SF

IMG_0071.jpeg

Zak

Legend
Didn’t feel like cooking tonight, so I popped open a can of sardines. Added some wasabi paste to the mayo and topped it with walla walla sweet onions, green pepper, tomatoes, avocado and pepperoncinis.
I’m trying to avoid as much carbs as possible due to trying to lose weight, so slapped it on a low carb tortilla.
SF

View attachment 75516
Congrats! I definitely could stand to lose a couple few dozen pounds. You are an inspiration!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Did a bit of foraging tonight. I’ll share these with the neighbors and their kids.
SF

IMG_4293.jpeg

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
SF

I quit breads a ways back and ice cream a few months ago. I still have them, but its rare.
My belly fat has almost all disappeared.
I started to work the core to tighten up the area and hopefully get rid of the last few pounds. I am 53 now, i want to feel better at 60 then i did at 50.

Good luck Brian!

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
SF

View attachment 75516
I wasn’t uncommon in Hawaii to sauté some onions & garlic, add the sardines until warmed thru…then put on top of a bowl of rice with a drizzle of shoyu & chili pepper water…

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter

They all seem to be like this link. Smash thin, cook fast, double patties on the bun. We season up the burger meat with all kinds of stuff depending on the mood, but adding Worcestershire sauce is always in the mix.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Got an iron skillet
Gonna try some smash burgers tonight
Any pointers out there?
I'm curious about your technique and success. Last Christmas we were staying at a cottage in Redondo Beach, there was a Smash Burger franchise a 20 minute walk from our beach cottage. We thought we'd go on our last visit down there but the store closed (permanently). In and Out instead.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I'm eating fresh coho for dinner tonight. That's it, just coho.
My wife worked late then went straight to bingo. I kept a 3 lb hatchery coho today that was bleeding when it came to the net. So I fileted it out, pan fried it with a few spices, garlic, onion and butter, threw it on a plate and am currently chowing down. No sides, no veggies, nothing but coho.

Last edited: