Recent content by Ernie

1. Ernie

gear price jumps

We can justify all we want about pricier fly line. The final decision is if we want the line bad enough.
  2. Ernie

Intermediate Line

I actually sink my rod tip about 2 1/2 feet under the water to get the line sinking faster with intermediate lines if I am not casting to shallow water.
  3. Ernie

99….almost 100

Steve, you must have fished several yards from this spot.
  4. IMG_8621.jpeg

IMG_8621.jpeg

5. Ernie

The start of Topwater 2024😝

I have been waiting for one of your bass reports. This one was really good Billy!
  6. Ernie

Rocks

Looks like nephrite jade. It is commonly found up on Whidbey Island.
  7. Ernie

NFR Time Share Exit Advice?

I feel bad for you Ira. How many times did you actually use it? I attended a time share pitch years ago while in Tahoe with my wife. I was upset that she agreed to go on a tour/sales pitch. She said going for 1 1/2 hours would get each of us $50 in gambling chips. When we were done we each got...
  8. Ernie

Interior BC patterns?

Well, if you see top water action, use a travelling sedge. Fun to catch trout on this fly.
  9. Ernie

Remember those WA Licenses --- and tip of the cap to WDFW

Thanks for the reminder because I was going to go out at 7:00am today, not now.
  10. Ernie

West side lake report

Very good report and photos. Glad to hear you were rewarded on various flies!
  11. Ernie

WA Stocking Schedule Release?

About 10+ years ago I brought my fly rod and spinning rod out to the dock close to the bathhouse on the west side. I put a castmaster lure on my spinning rod and was surprised to catch a 12” brown trout.
  12. Ernie

CP

Makes me want to take the long drive from Seattle. Nice fish Billy!
  13. Ernie

2-Piece Rods

My favorite lake rod is a 2 piece.
  14. Ernie

It finally happened, almost

How exciting! I did the same thing years ago, at least you now know how much of a good fight a steelhead makes!
  15. Ernie

Might Make Ya Smile

This did make me smile! I always like seeing vids of children catching their first fish. This was a nice sized one for the young man to remember the rest of his life!