Countdown!!! ... Atmospheric River’ Begins to Pound Western U.S. With Rain and Snow

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Today:

IMG_2084.jpg

I walked to the west side of Lenore's south end, it's frozen all the way across but most of the ice looks very rotten. The ice only covers about the south 1/4 mile of the lake. There's a band of ice completly across about 2/3 of the way uplake.

IMG_2086.jpg
The north end of Lenore; I imagine Ephrata Tim and Moses Lake (Telephone) Bob will be there within a week or so. (Excuse my finger)

IMG_2085.jpg

Alkali Lake - lots of ice.

IMG_2090.jpg

Blue Lake - yes, it doesn't open until April 22nd. It's almost free of ice, I saw a trout rise.

IMG_2091.jpg

I got the pictures out of order, the south end of the big alkaline lake. I saw two nice trout in the pump channel.

And - the one everyone is waiting for.............................

IMG_2087.jpg

It looks to me like Glacial Lake Missoula's plunge pool lake won't be fishing next Wednesday but who knows? I've been wrong once or twice.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Today:

View attachment 55654

I walked to the west side of Lenore's south end, it's frozen all the way across but most of the ice looks very rotten. The ice only covers about the south 1/4 mile of the lake. There's a band of ice completly across about 2/3 of the way uplake.

View attachment 55655
The north end of Lenore; I imagine Ephrata Tim and Moses Lake (Telephone) Bob will be there within a week or so. (Excuse my finger)

View attachment 55656

Alkali Lake - lots of ice.

View attachment 55657

Blue Lake - yes, it doesn't open until April 22nd. It's almost free of ice, I saw a trout rise.

View attachment 55658

I got the pictures out of order, the south end of the big alkaline lake. I saw two nice trout in the pump channel.

And - the one everyone is waiting for.............................

View attachment 55659

It looks to me like Glacial Lake Missoula's plunge pool lake won't be fishing next Wednesday but who knows? I've been wrong once or twice.
Thanks for all the updates!

cdnred

Life of the Party
Oh Baby it's COLD Outside!!!!

14 degrees right now....

View attachment 55555
Sure is a beautiful morning.... Blessed
Luv your weather station, is that the Ambient Weather's WS-2902 personal weather station..? Do you find it quite reliable and accurate..? I like the idea of the wireless setup, very easy install/setup with solar power. What's the max range you can get between the display and the sending unit..? I'm assuming no issues with signal transmission thru walls..? Did the display come with mounting hardware to attach to a wall..?

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I have a couple of Ambient Weather 2902 monitors (which are kept in the provided stands, but would only require two screws to attach to a wall) and wirelessly link to the actual station (about a hundred feet away). You can also link the monitors to an AW app on a smart phone. IMO the station provides very accurate data.

Ambient Weather is simply top-notch in responding to customer questions or issues.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
So, is it true? Is this Seeger fellow really that all powerful? He has the singular ability to cause unfrozen lakes to freeze up again just before the March 1 opener? All this, in the face of a warming climate, no less. That's powerful stuff, fer sure. If true. And why would he do it, anyway?

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
I'm going to do some hikin' through the Shrubsteppe wilderness tomorrow. There's a T O P S E C R E T flyfishing only lake, you know, over that way? I might see how much ice there is on it and some of the surrounding waters.

On a more serious note: Grand Coulee has begun pumping water into Banks Lake, next Wednesday (the Seeger Effected opener) water will be diverted into Billy Clapp via Dry Falls Dam in preparation for the upcoming irrigation season.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Warm, wet and windy as I walked out of church this morning. Should be good to go Wednesday I'm thinking. The neighbor told me where he'll be fishing, he expects it all to break as well.

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
Warm, wet and windy as I walked out of church this morning. Should be good to go Wednesday I'm thinking. The neighbor told me where he'll be fishing, he expects it all to break as well.
Cold, windy and ICY where we hiked into this morning. Everyone of the small seeps was iced over. None of the small lakes looked like they'd be ice free in three days but who knows?
IMG_2096.jpg

This stuff ----^ is at least an inch thick.

In better news, the big lake (Potholes) is almost ice free - almost, but not at the boat launches....... ;-)

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well... I decided to watch the pass for my chance to get over to "the Lot".
IMG_20230226_090209293_HDR.jpg

And I said goodbye to home and wife... Glad I did...
Screenshot_20230226-081255.png
Screenshot_20230226-081331~2.png
But as of this morning the entire West half of Lenice had ice on it and the geese are walking around on it. 23 degrees over night. Brrr.
IMG_20230226_090750833~2.jpg
IMG_20230226_090654499.jpg

Just did another walk, and drove for service... Lake still half frozen just broke 1.5" ice at the launch and the wind is blowing from the west... It needs to turn from the east to break up the lake!IMG_20230226_133605494_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230226_141837374_HDR.jpg

Burkett is solid.
IMG_20230226_145329297.jpg

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
With family commitments I'll probably show up there the afternoon of the 6th.