Whose baking or getting ready for Thanksgiving (and weight gain)

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
We love to bake and cook during the holidays... this morning I made my pie dough and will bake later in the week.

My wife has created her own sourdough starter and we used it today to make some Thanksgiving bread. (I hope it makes it to Thursday)

What's your favorite holiday food item, mine is pie! (I have told my family my death row meal is Thanksgiving meal).

20231119_133615.jpg20231119_145531~2.jpg20231119_144949~2.jpg20231119_145235~2.jpg

the_grube

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
that's awesome. Set me down with one of those just out of the oven and about a pound of fresh churned butter please...
We're going non-traditional this year. My son-in-law and I are doing a brisket. Pumpkin pie with fresh whip cream is my undoing.

Erich

Zak

Legend
I'm making the stuffing (with walnuts and apples) and cooking the turkey (dry brined, spatchcocked, coated with herbed mayo and cooked on top of the stuffing). I'll cook green beans and sweet potatoes, too.

I'm buying the mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, pie, and cranberry sauce this year.

flybill

Life of the Party
Reminder to pull those turkeys out of the freezer.

I’m in charge of the smoked turkey my family has come to love, it also makes amazing leftover sandwiches the next day.

Best holiday!
Just put the half frozen turkey in the deep fat fryer! Works everytime.. if by everytime you mean to burn down the house and yourself.. do not do it! Worst case just run under cold water.. 4 months in the Seafood and meat department at the Safeway in Duvall taught me a few tricks.. or go buy a fresh turkey or chicken! Cheers all ya all!

flybill

Life of the Party
If you put anything in Stuffing but bread, onion, celery, butter, sage n garlic there is something wrong with you!!
You forgot bacon and the holy trinity, mirqua (sp?) .. plus cream and eggs as a binder..mmm, good!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

klq@stl

Steelhead
I am going to experiment with this as an alternative to the mandatory pumpkin.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am going to experiment with this as an alternative to the mandatory pumpkin.
Daughter-in-law made that last year and I did the obligatory taste (since I hate cranberries) and it was so good I had several more bites. She is making it again this year.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
We make our stuffing with Wild Rice, pecans, dried cranberries, sausage, bread, wild mushrooms and assorted other things.
Sage flavor profile like classic stuffing, but far more interesting to eat than a plate of stale, wetted carbs.
;)