NFR When 2 wrongs make a right

Non-fishing related

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Here is a neighborhood story.
My retired neighbor lounges a lot on her front porch. She has had a few problems with a guy walking his dogs and the dogs pooping in her yard. He didn't notice her on the porch, so when he started to walk away, she offered a bag for his poop, the guy declined and said he would come back and scoop the mess. He never returned. She told me it happened again, this time she watched from her upstairs bedroom. She decided to follow the guy and found out where he lived. Fast forward a couple days and she comes to me and asked me if I would collect my dogs poop in a plastic baggie inside a bucket for her. I asked her what the story was and she explained the situation.
I give her a week's worth of two dogs poop and she takes it and heads back to her house. Fast forward a couple more days, and she tells me she went to his house, opened the screen door and dumped all that shit right between the main door and screen door.
She is such a sweet old lady, i like her much more now.

End of story.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Well -done, extremely well-done!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Here is a note I made a few years ago.
It just might have ended up being taped to a few porta potties doors and park signs over the years…… 😉
I probably sound like a grumpy old man. That is because I am…..
SF

IMG_4159.jpeg

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Karen...err I mean Stonedfish...
Lol
🤣

Yeah, nothing I like better then hitting the portable head first thing in the morning in the dark and finding bags of dog shit covering the floor.
That puts me in a damn fine mood! 😂
SF

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yeah, nothing I like better then hitting the portable head first thing in the morning in the dark and finding bags of dog shit covering the floor.
That puts me in a damn fine mood! 😂
SF

A step in the right direction.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
FYI.....I've found that in those scenarios laying a light rain shell down on the floor of the head helps keep my feet nice and clean

I’ve also found I’m thankful cell phones have flashlights!
SF

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I've even bagged the poop of my neighbors dog in my yard while picking up my dogs doo-doo while watching them walk to the dock to drink wine next door to me...it used to bother me, but not any more. Life is too short to get pissed over some dog poop...and I've invited them to my yard to drink wine to boot. But when their dog keeps trying to hump my old little shit-zoo, I have to draw the line...

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
She sounds like a great neighbor!

My pet peeve( ;) ) is when people in dog friendly nature areas bag their dog poop then just leave the baggies. I'm sure its mostly people thinking they will pick it up on the way back then forget, but I gotta say I'd rather have dog poop around a trail than a bunch of plastic bags....

John Svahn

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
As a land manager, the above is super-annoying. I once had a person ask me if I worked for the non-profit that owns the land we were on. When i said yes she said 'here' and handed me the full poo bag!
Our issue is to put a trash can out or not. We live in a touristy/STR area and any trash receptacle gets filled immediately with rental stay trash. You have not lived until you have cleaned up after a bear got into a dog poo bag receptacle after someone dumped their fast food trash into the receptacle too. We are a small non profit and don't have the resources for multiple trash can emptying every day.
But no trash can means poop bags left on the trail or at the trailhead. ..
Thanks for the memories ;) apologies for the thread drift!

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
We walk our dog everyday, and last year started to find dog poo left on the side strip (corner lot) of our house. Tired of it I finally posted a msg on our HOA website "If this keeps happening cameras will go up to record and images will be posted publicly".
It took a few weeks for that message to permeate and that shit finally stopped :)