What fishing are you dreaming of right now?

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
At first I mis-read and thought you were going after tigers in Africa. Then I realized that tigers are in India and thereabouts.
And fishing for the aforementioned felines could prove problematic! One would be praying for a very rapid LDR.

Stimson

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Twizel canals, New Zealand. 30+ # rainbow trout.
100# tarpon outta Homosassa
At this point being disabled for 7 years really I simply dream of just getting out and throwing line. Just being outside enjoying nature, fishing in silence, the sound of running water, maybe seeing a deer come down for a drink of water, or seeing an eagle sweep down and grab a fish. That would be memorable seeing as i don't get out much these days. To actually hook and land a fish on top of it all would make the day unforgettable. I've never steelhead fished the skagit, would love to swing a fly this spring. I've never caught a steelhead spey fishing. I'd have trouble walking on uneven riverbed rocks, but I still have the desire to attempt it.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
No recommendation yet, I still have a couple of places to try before I can make a determination. I had some Central American themed food lately that was damned good and certainly different than the usual Mexican fare. The only problem was that there was just too much of it and like an idiot I ate the whole thing! And the margarita was huge-it filled the glass 3 times.Yeah, I drank the whole thing also..
I'll give a plug for the place in Spokane @iveofione is referring to; Cantaritos on Indian Trail. Family owned, great food & drink, and exceptional service. Been there many times...in fact again visited just last night...their Supreme Burrito is delicious, but requires a large appetite.

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
I always dream of dry-fly fishing in 70 degree windless weather on a blue ribbon river for 16” and larger trout with only a few fly fishers around. I used to experience this a lot 40 years ago on the Green River in Utah when I lived in Salt Lake City.

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I love a challenge and I'm counting down the days until springers begin to show in tidewater. They are soooo hard to entice but if you are lucky enough to get a grab - hang on! If you manage to land one and it's a hatchery fish, there are other perks...

IMG_3129.jpg

Last edited:

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
In April accompanying my wife with her friend that she grew up with in the Panama Canal Zone to scatter her friends moms ashes in the Canal…bringing a 7 & 8 wt for a couple opportunities on the outer islands fishing the mangroves…

Booked our trip to Hawaii for a week to visit friends (and fish), then head to Teta’iroa for bones right after in June…

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Warm windless day. Sitting in the canoe, drinking beer, and hooking coho after coho for an couple hours in MA 9. No other boats for miles.