What are you reading

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
“In a previous life “, I really enjoyed this thread. A lot of excellent suggestions. I only hope to survive long enough to put a dent in the list of suggestions.
Currently reading Northwest Passage - The Great Columbia River, William Dietrich. Not a quick read, for me, but a very good narrative on the Columbia.
Btw - I have a number of fly fishing books I no longer need. They would be free. Individuals, clubs, etc. I ain’t going to list them. Free shipping.
Pm if you are interested.

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
I just finished a book titled 'Soul of The Lion' about Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, he was part of many battles, especially Gettysburg, during the Civil War, Excellent book. I just picked up a book called ' The Stoic Challenge' by William Irvine. So far it's interesting.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I can't merge the threads, but everyone who wants to can go post their material in the other one :D

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
So, I have started reading The River of Doubt. Described as Theodore Roosevelt’s darkest journey. A trip on an unexplored tributary of the Amazon. Early into it but should be interesting.

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
Just finished "A Gentleman in Moscow", an excellent book.
I'm now reading "Poverty by America", eye opening. Here is a quote from the book, attributed to Leo Tolstoy after an examination of poverty in Moscow 1881:
"I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet I assure myself and others that I'm sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by any means possible-except by getting off his back."

Last edited:

Zak

Legend
Fiction. I just started Red Team Blues by Cory Doctorow. I'm pretty excited about the new Nick Harkaway novel Titanium Noir that comes out later this month.

wetline dave

Steelhead
Mercedes Coffin by Faye Kellerman is a good read for those who done it lovers. The book has a good pace and complex enough of a plot that provides a good read and keeps the readers interest .

Dave

Chris Johnson

Steelhead

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Small Mercies by Dennis Lehane; he is one of my favorite writers. Story centers on a girl who goes missing on the eve of forced busing in 1974 when the predominantly Irish “Southie” neighborhood is boiling over a court decision to bus black students in and their kids to black schools.

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
Just started "Of Boys and Men", Why the modern Male is Struggling, and Why It Matters. Richard Reeves is the Author, very interesting.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
“In a previous life “, I really enjoyed this thread. A lot of excellent suggestions. I only hope to survive long enough to put a dent in the list of suggestions.
Currently reading Northwest Passage - The Great Columbia River, William Dietrich. Not a quick read, for me, but a very good narrative on the Columbia.
Btw - I have a number of fly fishing books I no longer need. They would be free. Individuals, clubs, etc. I ain’t going to list them. Free shipping.
Pm if you are interested.
I am in the same book boat. I love books. Giving up on my fly fishing books, record collection thinning, fly rod thinning… etc is a divorce of a kind…been divorced and the pain lingers a while. When I decide to I suppose this is the place for that. I am not sure if it is the number of tree rings I have or I just have to fess up to being a collector. ;)

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Wild New World, the Epic Story of Animals & People in America, by Dan Flores.

Magnificent book.