Western WA's husky rainbows 4/30/2024

Starman77

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I've been posting about the husky rainbows in central WA, but western WA also has some husky rainbows. Check out this husky rainbow hooked today on a western WA lake (a general regulation lake):

20240430_140955 p.jpg

It was 21 inches long (based on my Measure Net) and 5.25 pounds (based on my handheld scale). It had nothing in its stomach. It took a BH Dark Olive Rabbit Fur Leech that I was casting and stripping about 6 feet below the water surface in 12 feet of water. It was a very good fighter and jumper.

Rex

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
I've been posting about the husky rainbows in central WA, but western WA also has some husky rainbows. Check out this husky rainbow hooked today on a western WA lake (a general regulation lake):

View attachment 112604

It was 21 inches long (based on my Measure Net) and 5.25 pounds (based on my handheld scale). It had nothing in its stomach. It took a BH Dark Olive Rabbit Fur Leech that I was casting and stripping about 6 feet below the water surface in 12 feet of water. It was a very good fighter and jumper.

Rex
Healthy looking fish. Those colored up fins stand out.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Curious how it eats compared to the C WA huskies.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Since I'm finding empty stomachs on both sides of the mountains, I guess they compare similarly.
I didn’t realize that was how it works! Interesting theory anyway.