NFR Ween

Non-fishing related

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
I went to an outdoor Ween show about 10 years ago that was a lot of fun. When the crowd cleared after the show there was a guy laying face down on the ground making out with the grass. It was an interesting end to that evening.

Skol_Engh

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Thursday Night Football just played "It's Gonna Be a Long Night" right before a commercial break. and as a Vikings fan it truly was a long night. Still bad ass to hear Ween on tv!

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Thursday Night Football just played "It's Gonna Be a Long Night" right before a commercial break. and as a Vikings fan it truly was a long night. Still bad ass to hear Ween on tv!
I heard Bikini Kill played at the Seahawks game Sunday. Also a shitty game for Hawks fans, but it’s a brave new world for the Alternative music of the 90s.

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
Helluva performance, especially considering that was kind of before they really learned to play their instruments.

Why ask why?
I dunno. My first show was during the Chocolate and Cheese era. They seemed pretty dialed. But the long shows with nobody else on the bill that came a little later definitely delivered on their full freak potential.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I dunno. My first show was during the Chocolate and Cheese era. They seemed pretty dialed. But the long shows with nobody else on the bill that came a little later definitely delivered on their full freak potential.
Yeah, their musicianship took a real leap after Pure Guava, from my perspective.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I read somewhere that it was because Push the Lil Daises unexpectedly blew up on Beavis and Butthead, the record label gave them a little extra money for Chocolate and Cheese, which is why they have a couple music videos for that album too.
Well yeah, the extra dough thrown at production really shows, but the only thing that really improves your chops is time in the woodshed, and they clearly spent time woodsheddin' when you compare GodWeenSatan to Chocolate and Cheese. Maybe they were able to because they didn't have to spend so much time "pumpin' for the man" any more.

The label support may have peaked with all the amazing Nashville musicians brought in for 12 Golden Country Greats. Which of course gave us this classic:

SSPey

loco alto!
Ween opened for my band ca. 1988, just Gene and Dean and a drum machine. As a drummer, I really dislike like drum machines (outside of more dancey music / hip hop) and wrote them off for years. It took a long time for me to shake that initial bad impression, rediscovered them 20 years later.