SFR We knew this was coming, right???

Sorta fishing-related

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Did someone say "climate change"
I moved here to Oregon from Washington 4 years ago.
We moved into the house in August and it rained and it was hot and dry and it rained again a few days later.
Well the next years August, no rain, last years August, no rain again.
Yes, I would say there is "climate change"

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I grew up here in Southern OR and as I remember 60 yrs ago that the snow pack up at Crater lake was 20 plus ft and when Diamond lake opened for fishing in April there was still 5 or 6 ft of snow around the lake.
Day before yesterday when I was at Diamond lake there was still some snow in the shady places
"Them times are a changing"

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I grew up in a small town west of Seattle, Suquamish, and we used to ice skate on Faler’s pond pretty much every winter. It may get an icy glaze on occasion now, but nothing like in the past. Also, I think I’ve seen pictures of Green Lake with old cars on the ice. Pretty sure I’ve seen a picture of Liberty Bay (Poulsbo) iced over, and that’s salt water. So back in time it used to get much colder.

Chadk

Life of the Party
I grew up here in Southern OR and as I remember 60 yrs ago that the snow pack up at Crater lake was 20 plus ft and when Diamond lake opened for fishing in April there was still 5 or 6 ft of snow around the lake.
Day before yesterday when I was at Diamond lake there was still some snow in the shady places
"Them times are a changing"
Don't forget that just last year we had this: https://www.usatoday.com/story/graphics/2023/03/15/california-snowfall-record/11435377002/
I'm sure kids now will be talking about that 30 years from now.... "When I was a kid...."