Washington Fly Fishing Show Work Opportunity

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I know the guy who operates the fly show and he reached out to me asking if I knew anyone who might want to work at the show this year. He has some paid positions that would require more of a time commitment, but he also has volunteer opportunities that would be less intense and get you into the show for free.

Let me know if you are interested and I’ll get you in touch with him.

The show is at the Maydenbauer Center in Bellevue, Friday February 16th-Sunday the 18th.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I wish I could make this show…unfortunately I won’t be back to WA until March 9th

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I hope to bump into some of of you tomorrow at the show! And learn some stuff and maybe buy some stuff.

Tight lines

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Great seeing you at the show, good job on the presentation! Even if you do indicators wrong (hahaha) glad I could give you one of mine.

And great seeing others from the forum, maybe next year there should be a meet and greet time for PNWFLYFISHING.COM people. It was nice to put faces to screen names.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I attended yesterday with Shad. We got separated after the first presentation we watched, and I didn't see him again until it was about time to leave. Ran into several other friends about that time as well. Ran into other friends as well, so the whole thing was as much social as informative. Now I want to go back to the Bahamas, the Kamloops area lakes, and others to fish again. I managed to maintain control and didn't sign up for any trips on the spot.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Best part of the show for me was chatting with Mike Schmierer, who was happily tying dragonfly nymphs with homemade bobbins, using scrounged materials, on a vise he'd made out of some pipe and a pair of vise grips.

He taught me how to make a bobbin, harvest materials, and then gave me the bobbin.

Was also cool to hear some of his adventures with his kids, who now take him fly fishing. #life goals

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Best part of the show for me was chatting with Mike Schmierer, who was happily tying dragonfly nymphs with homemade bobbins, using scrounged materials, on a vise he'd made out of some pipe and a pair of vise grips.

He taught me how to make a bobbin, harvest materials, and then gave me the bobbin.

Was also cool to hear some of his adventures with his kids, who now take him fly fishing. #life goals
I thought his green crab looking thing was for vegi eaters like milkfish. Cool to see the process of how he turned them into dragon nymphs, and yes the Vice was fun.

To bad you didn’t stop and say hi!

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I thought his green crab looking thing was for vegi eaters like milkfish. Cool to see the process of how he turned them into dragon nymphs, and yes the Vice was fun.

To bad you didn’t stop and say hi!
Sorry about that. I didn’t know when or where or that you were presenting and working at the show until after I'd left, else I would've.

On a somewhat related note, I never figured out where to see a schedule or list of presentations other than the $100 classes I wasn't about to attend. Operator error, I'm sure.

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
Sorry about that. I didn’t know when or where or that you were presenting and working at the show until after I'd left, else I would've.

On a somewhat related note, I never figured out where to see a schedule or list of presentations other than the $100 classes I wasn't about to attend. Operator error, I'm sure.
I know this is after the fact, but If you had gone to the show's website - https://flyfishingshow.com/bellevue-wa/, you would have found that info. See my next post :)