WA Online License Purchase

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Even if all I do is go musky fishing a dozen times a year (low end), that's totally worth it for my out of state fees.
That said, I haven't had the issues that Merle has but it's probably because my needs are a little simpler (no tags, no 2 pole, etc).

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Update: Well it wasn't the easiest but I think I got it squared away. I logged back in and could view my existing licenses, but there was no way to modify an existing purchase. It was all under-intensified or un-clickable. And I scrolled thru all the available products and there was no catch card listed. I was beginning to lose hope and planning a trip to an authorized dealer, but finally did a search for "catch record card" and and the option to "buy" a catch card for $0.00 appeared. It let me pick salmon and steelhead and "checkout" for $0.00. So hopefully they are now in the mail to me.

I also went back and edited my original post to delete the last paragraph, which in hindsight was too negative and political. This is a positive place and I don't want to bring it down (despite what I personally might infer from their choice of wording on the licenses).

Thanks again to everybody for their input.

Andy

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Hatchery Caddis don't taste as good, and do poorly in the wild, with lousy recruitment.
Triploid Caddis get as big as stoneflys, and are a better use of hatchery funds.
:)
Plus hatchery caddis have altered DNA… 😉

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I'll give up buying a fishing license or Discovery Pass when I'm physically unable to fish or walk any more. The cost is trifling compared to what one could easily piss away in any minor retail purchase.

Reminds of the old addage..."The older I get, the better things were".

GOTY

Steelhead
I did it on my phone so might be different, but the moment I clicked add the "Fish WA License" (salt/fresh/crab/2pole combo), it immediately took me to the page to add catch cards. They were $0, but I had to actually click add to cart or whatever. So they weren't automatically added, but I didn't have to go find them on the website or anything.