US Open

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
A great story developing in the US Open…Caroline Wozniaki, who retired in 2020 and has had two children, is making a comeback and advancing to the round of 16 in the US Open after not playing professional tennis for 3 years and 8 months…

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
Been watching the open since the qualifying rounds, good stuff, amazing comeback story you mention above, fitness and level of play like she never left, just wow. Lots of new young Americans going fairly deep into tournament so far, good to see Jen Brady back after 2 year injury hiatus.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Been watching the open since the qualifying rounds, good stuff, amazing comeback story you mention above, fitness and level of play like she never left, just wow. Lots of new young Americans going fairly deep into tournament so far, good to see Jen Brady back after 2 year injury hiatus.
Yea, I was rooting for both of them...

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Srb. Vs. Srb

Great match tonite.

Possible dethroning of a fellow countryman.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
cool to see Coco advance. My buddy arrives tomorrow for his quad matches that start on the 5th.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Novak escaped a big loss with a 3-5 set domination.

BDD

Steelhead
Good to see women's tennis see a return to the US Open with a Champion from USA. What can you say about The Joker: my fondness of him goes up and down like the tide but you cannot argue with two dozen slams...the most of all time men or women. That is a very impressive accomplishment that coincides with two other greats that have 20 or more. Just imagine taking away one or two of the Big Three and how many slams would the remaining player have? The last 15-20 years must have been the golden era in men's tennis.

Parabola

Steelhead
Happy coco won! For the men I was hoping Alcaraz was in the final. I would’ve preferred anyone but Novak would win.