Us and Them (borrowed from new issue of Drake)

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I seem to end up here either way.1712287842719.pngI can honestly answer yes,1712287917191.png twice, same chick. What is it about the crazy ones? And how are these two related?

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
Was she Brazilian…
Italian. Didn't help I drank like an out of control Irishman. Can't remember why she tried to shoot me. The other one she didn't like the way I was talking to an ex at a party and she tried to run me down in the street. Luckily the police were on their way to bust the party so when they came around the corner I could let go of the wipers and get off the hood safely.

Last edited:

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
You cant just casually slip this bit in and walk away :ROFLMAO:

Tom is clearly an expert fisherman. He got us all hooked and doesn’t even care to reel us in. Sometimes you just need to enjoy being a fish on the end of a line, that is all you get.

Tom Butler

Forum Supporter
You cant just casually slip this bit in and walk away :ROFLMAO:
Tom is clearly an expert fisherman. He got us all hooked and doesn’t even care to reel us in. Sometimes you just need to enjoy being a fish on the end of a line, that is all you get.
Well, it's probably pretty much what you would imagine. It was early one morning, after I had closed up the bar, and my current girlfriend who was a cocktail waitress and I went to a typical restaurant afterparty at a friends house. There were some people from several local establishments there, we all knew each other, drinking, smoking, doing coke. An ex-girlfriend was there, and we were still kind of friendly. I'm sure somewhere in my drug addled mind I was sure I could pull off a double. My current at the time girlfriend didn't like me talking to her at all, and stormed out. A bit later I walked out with a friend to smoke a bowl by his car. I was in the street, and next thing I know a car pulls out from the curb heading right at me. She wasn't up to speed yet, but I had nowhere to go but up. I found myself on the hood holding onto the wipers. We were heading down the street, but already near the end of the block. That's when the police started to turn the corner, and they were coming from the other direction as well, to bust the party. After a bunch of questions I was told to leave. She was told to park her car and find another way home. Several months after that we were actually living together when she tried to shoot me, those details pretty much lost in a blackout.
Sobriety is so boring, wife, fishing, grandkids. I love it.

Last edited:

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Well, it's probably pretty much what you would imagine. It was early one morning, after I had closed up the bar, and my current girlfriend who was a cocktail waitress and I went to a typical restaurant afterparty at a friends house. There were some people from several local establishments there, we all knew each other, drinking, smoking, doing coke. An ex-girlfriend was there, and we were still kind of friendly. I'm sure somewhere in my drug addled mind I was sure I could pull off a double. My current at the time girlfriend didn't like me talking to her at all, and stormed out. A bit later I walked out with a friend to smoke a bowl by his car. I was in the street, and next thing I know a car pulls out from the curb heading right at me. She wasn't up to speed yet, but I had nowhere to go but up. I found myself on the hood holding onto the wipers. We were heading down the street, but already near the end of the block. That's when the police started to turn the corner, and they were coming from the other direction as well, to bust the party. After a bunch of questions I was told to leave. She was told to park her car and find another way home. Several months after that we were actually living together when she tried to shoot me, those details pretty much lost in a blackout.
I had a friend who was living in São Paulo with his girlfriend…he left Brazil with only the shirt on his back as she tried to kill him with a machete…and her brothers were looking for him as well

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I know how many fish my wife and I caught on our last trip because it was so few. Bever been to a lodge and therefore never been asked to not come back and have only fished four Skeena tribs.... that makes me a guide?

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party

Tom, thank you for sharing. I chuckle when young people complain about being bored. Damn fools. I used to wash dishes in a restaurant, and I’d never do it again. I think I am still catching up on sleep.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
That is an excellent story. We’ve all now learned much more about you, sir!

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
Brutha of another mutha!

DerekWhipple

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I had a friend who was living in São Paulo with his girlfriend…he left Brazil with only the shirt on his back as she tried to kill him with a machete…and her brothers were looking for him as well
Toxoplasmosis!

• Haha
Reactions: JS