Top 10 trout lakes in Washington (you’re welcome😉)

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I doubt that there was a single image that was accurately associated with the body of water being mentioned in the video at the time the image was shown!

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Kapowsin, Evan shut up! Or maybe thats ok, just leave Tanwax and Ohop out of it...

Reactions: NRC

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
American Lake.... now there's one I have fished. Back in the 80,s a friend called me and said he found a lake where we could catch oodles of perch. This was before I fly fished. He said that chumming was legal and we should mix some chum, fish eggs and oatmeal, and then after dispensing chum with a table spoon drop a red hook baited with maggots and the fishing would be fast and furious. We took his boat and loaded a cooler with beer and the chum mix and a plastic container of maggots and started fishing. Very hot day so we were also consuming lots of beer. Fishing was slow, as in no bites whatsover but we persisted in fishing and drinking and eventually my friend passed out and slumped down in his end of the boat.. I had my rig in the water and dozed off for awhile and when I opened my eyes I saw that the container of maggots had fallen off the cooler. The lid had popped off and maggots were crawling over his shoe and up under his pant leg. So I poked him and woke him up and he instantly got the heebie jeebies and pulled down his pants and proceeded to pluck the maggots off him and put them back in the container. We're both laughing and drinking more beer and noticed there was a circular pattern on the top of the cooler. So the maggot races began in search of the fastest maggot and we had lots of fun and then the beer ran out so we left. The maggot race ended in a draw as did the fishing but those fish were rewarded with the rest of our chum which we dumped. We never caught a single fish.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
American Lake.... now there's one I have fished. Back in the 80,s a friend called me and said he found a lake where we could catch oodles of perch. This was before I fly fished. He said that chumming was legal and we should mix some chum, fish eggs and oatmeal, and then after dispensing chum with a table spoon drop a red hook baited with maggots and the fishing would be fast and furious. We took his boat and loaded a cooler with beer and the chum mix and a plastic container of maggots and started fishing. Very hot day so we were also consuming lots of beer. Fishing was slow, as in no bites whatsover but we persisted in fishing and drinking and eventually my friend passed out and slumped down in his end of the boat.. I had my rig in the water and dozed off for awhile and when I opened my eyes I saw that the container of maggots had fallen off the cooler. The lid had popped off and maggots were crawling over his shoe and up under his pant leg. So I poked him and woke him up and he instantly got the heebie jeebies and pulled down his pants and proceeded to pluck the maggots off him and put them back in the container. We're both laughing and drinking more beer and noticed there was a circular pattern on the top of the cooler. So the maggot races began in search of the fastest maggot and we had lots of fun and then the beer ran out so we left. The maggot race ended in a draw as did the fishing but those fish were rewarded with the rest of our chum which we dumped. We never caught a single fish.
Fantastic :love:. That’s my kind of fishing story.