Tinsel icicles or low cost tinsel

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
I’ve been looking everywhere while I’ve been out and have yet to see tinsel, just garlands. I thought there was a big push to get rid of Christmas tinsel since it’s bad for pets and the environment etc. I’ll have to check it out though!

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’ve been looking everywhere while I’ve been out and have yet to see tinsel, just garlands. I thought there was a big push to get rid of Christmas tinsel since it’s bad for pets and the environment etc. I’ll have to check it out though!
So, are you saying that I should be hiding my Flashabou?:unsure::)

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
I see a lot of kreelex im my future. But I was thinking that Clarkman could tie some ridonkulous trophy sized pike lures with stuff like this

Dave

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
Did you count them to make sure you get your full money’s worth?
My English friends would point out that as being a Scot I would but naw, very happy with my small score 😀
I’ll be checking at QFC to see f there’s any left. Stonedfish has likely cleaned up there already

Dave

Last edited:

Xoxo

Well damn , I thought this was the Christmas Decoration thread. I keep waiting for Swimmy to start one.

Last edited:

SSPey

loco alto!
My experience with several budget non-fishing tinsels is that the holographic dots can wash off quickly in real use and the overall tinsel doesn’t hold its shine well. I have some plain silver that I like to use underneath floss (to make it pop), but I have stopped using it for regular flash. I expect there’s a lot of variability out there, though. ymmv

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
Here’s a first stab, not the best tie and the material is a wee bit tough which I like and so have hopes it won’t fall apart but of course a ‘pressure’ test or two is needed as SSPEY makes a good point. If you see me posting a load of silver kreelex in the classifieds then…you were warned 😀 A9B8A84E-E5D1-4B61-8986-6A5DC03FD675.jpeg

Dave

ABITNF

Steelhead
I bought some cheap tinsel at Walmart a couple of years ago. It was very poor quality and broke very easily. I used it in wings and tails and it didn't hold up very well.