Burkies
Meisers
Gaelforce lines
Smoker oars

Last edited:

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Being the first at that primo spot on the beach in the dark considering I live almost 2hrs away.

Line comes tight to a hot fish and it rips the line out of your grip so fast whipping the line over and around your neck.

Positioning the boat into that perfect wind drift alongside the bank, your buddy makes a cast and hook a good fish.

Sight casting and seeing the eats.

Etc..

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Sitting down in the camp chair after pulling off the waders and hearing the pop from cracking open the first cold one after a long great day of fishing…

Shad

Life of the Party
Never realized how much I love the sound of crackling gravel at the put-in... that was a solid mention. The crack of a beer after the boat's trailered and the waders are off is bliss....

In the spirit of the OP closures thread, I'll name a few of my favorite sights/sounds I may never experience again but love dearly...

An empty gravel bar sloping gradually off into the blue-green tinted, glacial water that MUST be holding a steelhead...

Magnificent vistas of majestic, mighty rivers, standing atop the washouts of what used to be roads but are now hike-in trails...

Walking through a silent old growth forest, only to have the entire forest (in the form of a massive elk herd) come to life and peacefully, almost silently move on to the next grazing spot...

When your line comes tight on another rock, only the rock starts headshaking...

The neon glow that comes off the Madrona trees along the coast at sunset...

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Alright, alright. I’ll play for reals this time.
This is basically my favorite thing. Fishing anywhere you can’t get to by car and since I don’t have a “boat”, it’s backpacking and fishing for me.

I wish there was more backpacking worthy rivers in my neck of the woods but this will have to suffice.

Also, check out those 4” inseam shorts on the right ;)
3871958B-ED64-46AE-84A9-D889A9EB7EC6.jpeg

Last edited:

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Well shit, I know I gave the written version but shit like this is cool as hell.....warning, may be slightly different than my written version...

This view on the way out...
1000008320.jpg

Then seeing @PhilR 's facial expression when hooking up and landing one of his bucket list items....
1000008053.jpg

I mean, that's dope as fuck!

And of course, views like this....
1000007480.jpg

I'll stop there....not much more is really necessary.

Edit: should add this....

1000008722.jpg

+ My family....

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
dry fly fishing
small creeks/streams
3 4 weight fly rod
stimulators
wild/native fish
solitude
my idea of heaven
I think todays outing would have been right up your favorites alley, except I had the 4wt recon in my hand.

Attachments

• 20230714_happyplace.jpg
    20230714_happyplace.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20230714_yellowstimmi.jpg
    20230714_yellowstimmi.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230714_avefish.jpg
    20230714_avefish.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230714_double.jpg
    20230714_double.jpg
    816 KB · Views: 4

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well it’s SFR but here are two of my favorite things, my grandchildren staying at Nonna and Bapa’s house. Tons of fun that will last the entire month of July. Not much fishing but this is more important. Other than that, being on the Deschutes. Will get back to fishing in August.
IMG_3194.jpeg

Last edited: