The view from my office this morning…

Rvrfisher360

Floatin’
Forum Supporter
I've always wondered if there are any sizeable bass in there. It looks like more of a stunted population? I could imagine there being a big boy or two that feed on trout.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I've always wondered if there are any sizeable bass in there. It looks like more of a stunted population? I could imagine there being a big boy or two that feed on trout.
I was surprised there were any at all. But the ones I've caught have all been about that size. Which is weird because there are plenty of panfish around and fry all over. So the food is there. I will say I haven't done anything but shore fish from that dock for them. There are a couple lillypad patches that might be worth poking around in the kayak.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Sweet!!!!
Use a bigger fly
On this lake, at least off this dock, bigger doesn't help. A buddy was with me the other day and he was throwing bass gear (senkos and whatnot) with no more luck than I had as far as size.

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
On this lake, at least off this dock, bigger doesn't help. A buddy was with me the other day and he was throwing bass gear (senkos and whatnot) with no more luck than I had as far as size.
I used to fish some ponds in Rock Island, WA
Douglas Co. PUD would plant LMB in those ponds and the first two yrs that was all you could catch were the same size as your pic.
Use a big enough top water plug and you could hook two or three at a time.
My kids loved it