The Queen, RIP

Shad

Life of the Party
Another non-fan of the monarchy, but a fan of Queen Elizabeth, herself. I was struck by just how much history (herstory?) she not only experienced, but also made. For crying out loud, when she rose to the throne, Winston Churchill was Prime Minister! 70 years is a pretty solid run. I'll be happy just to live that long.

RIP, Your Majesty.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I watched her get crowned on TV Back in the early 60's, Quite a to do

I was wrong on my dates. She got crowned in the early 50's. I think I was thinking about the Kennedy getting shot in the 1960's. I'm 87, I'm not to sharp on dates anymore. Both dates are a long way away

Last edited:

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
God Bless Queen Elizabeth. My wife will not be having a good day.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Charles is what, 72? So in another 16 or so years they get to do it all over again.

Harry is out, good chance to live a somewhat normal life. Probably the smartest move he could ever make, other than learning not to critcize our laws and constituiton.

So who's next in line after Charles?, Andrew or someone else ?

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
OMJ you are kind of close, it was 1952! when she was crowned.

I saw it in black and white, the first thing I watched on TV, and that is another story all together.

Dave

Dave
You're closer, it was June 2, 1953...

🤣

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Charles is what, 72? So in another 16 or so years they get to do it all over again.

Harry is out, good chance to live a somewhat normal life. Probably the smartest move he could ever make, other than learning not to critcize our laws and constituiton.

So who's next in line after Charles?, Andrew or someone else ?

William
SF

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
It amazes me that some can't just show there respect for the passing of the queen without chiming in with their personal beliefs about the English monarchy. Here's to the queen and a life well lead!
It’s possible they don’t have respect for the queen.

Personally, having grown up in the US, I don’t really care either way, but when you consider the things the British monarchy has supported (Elizabeth II included) and done, it is easy to understand that just as there are many who mourn, there are also many who likely don’t grieve her passing.

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
It’s possible they don’t have respect for the queen.

Personally, having grown up in the US, I don’t really care either way, but when you consider the things the British monarchy has supported (Elizabeth II included) and done, it is easy to understand that just as there are many who mourn, there are also many who likely don’t grieve her passing.
There's a time and place for everything.

Hem

Life of the Party
1972 my parents were living in Spain for the year. Think I was in 2nd grade.
We visited London at Christmas. I remember walking around the outside of Buckingham Palace, ...and the moment the Queen appeared in a window and looked down on me.
It was, and is, still pretty cool.