The good boat deal thread

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Free Clackacraft Anyone in Helena, MT? Free clack, bring your own trailer.

View attachment 104608
that's an 80's Magnum, designed for an OB with less bottom rocker and wider stern...if that was near me I'd grab it in a heartbeat and convert it to a lake/tidewater skiff. Toss the seats creating a wide open dance floor, ideal for a couple of storage box mounted seats.

Last edited:

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
Yamaha and Mercury have merged.
I never heard about this corporate mega- conglomerate. 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20240305-140206_Facebook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Sometimes we don’t know what we don’t know…

Years ago I had bought a used Smokercraft and was surprised when I learned the 25 HP Johnson it had on it it was actually a Suzuki in disguise 😄.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Trailer not included, which I never quite understand, but still a good deal for the boat.

1710181626543.png

Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Pretty nice deal for someone who doesn't need a gas motor and wants a mini bass-style platform. Talked with the seller a bit on FB about his conversion, as I'd like to do something similar to my mine. He says he an his buddy (both 6ft+ and 200lb+) fished fine out of it. Aluminum bracing under 5/8 ply for the deck.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 12.35.53 PM.png

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Needs a wash. But for $150 this is about the cheapest way to get into anything resembling a fishing kayak. Nothing fancy, but would also make a great loaner if you ended up deciding you liked kayak fishing and ended up buying something better later.

Way out on the OP though.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 7.38.34 AM.png

Reactions: Zak

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
2K for a 17 x 54 Koffler with Carlisle oars...a buddy was rowing his Koffler when we missed the line on a quick turn and drop, slammed hella hard into the far rock wall, boat didn't even say ouch