Survive the Sound 2024

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Willy forgot his sack lunch and went back to the Nisqually River, in doing so got swallowed up by a seal.

I hope that centimeter transmitter somehow gives it severe constipation.
The upstream movement may have been after the predation occurred!

Tallguy

Steelhead
Bodhi did not make it very far out of the Duwamish. Eaten by a seal off Alki beach sometime in the last day. Someone who lives in West seattle please throw some rocks at whatever seals you see out there, while cursing and lamenting Bodhi, on my behalf.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
40 fish alive, 8 dead as of this morning.
My fish hasn’t moved much since yesterday but seems at the moment to be stymied by the Hood Canal bridge.
SF

IMG_0184.jpeg

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
My fish is one of the dead. 😭

It appears Willy isn’t free after all. Looks like he died before he even left the Nisqually.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Jacques was to slow...the parasitic infection got him.
RIP

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Bodhi did not make it very far out of the Duwamish. Eaten by a seal off Alki beach sometime in the last day. Someone who lives in West seattle please throw some rocks at whatever seals you see out there, while cursing and lamenting Bodhi, on my behalf.
I got you. No problemo.

EnviroMatt is still trucking along and almost made it to the HC bridge.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
My fish is still alive and finally got past the bridge.
IMG_7484.jpeg

It took a 90° turn west after getting past the bridge, then headed north again.
IMG_7483.jpeg

SF

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
EnviroMatt had some trouble getting past the Hood Canal bridge (like a lot of steelhead smolts, apparently). He eventually made it past the bridge, but could not make it past the gauntlet of predators stacked on the north side of the bridge, waiting there to take advantage of confused smolts. RIP EnviroMatt. Go Brian Mackerel!

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
I wonder what motivates their seemingly random zigzagging as they head out toward the ocean? I understand the random activity at the Hood Canal bridge - that's the chokepoint where my smolt met his end last year. Are they following tidal currents? Food sources? Emerald is still alive and didn't even pause as she blew past Hansville. I hope her attitude is different on the return journey in a few years. :D

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Welp.., Lulu only made it to Magnolia bridge Pier 91 area. Probably got eaten by seals or rock fish or a ling. Those damn cruise ships don't help either.