SFR Summer weather wishes and hopes

Sorta fishing-related

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
I'm hoping we finally get some good hiking weather. My wife gets a case of the wobblies if the precip chances are above about 15%, or temps above 80F, so she has a rather narrowly defined comfort zone. I suspect the snowpack is going to take more time to consolidate and linger late this this year with all of the spring snow we've gotten. There are likely to be a number of big avalanches as that late snow gets blasted by the sudden appearance of hot sun.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Wish in one hand and shit in the other hand and see which one fills up first. Quit day dreaming about the weather. You all know what's in store for the summer. Hot days and lots of smoke. Same thing in most of the states west of the Mississippi.

After all the cold days in the end of last year and the start of this year. I'm ready for some warm days even some hot days. It got up to 75 yesterday. Warmest day so far this year. Today is is gloomy out and raining. About 60-65 out.

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
I'd like the summer weather to be warm enough for me to wet wade without freezing! Preferably like 80 degrees and it just stays at 80 all summer with no smoke.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I love it when we get the onshore flow at night, so western WA wakes up wearing its gray cap. A high overcast morning that burns off around 11am to a nice sunny afternoon.

That summer weather pattern is perfect for fishing in the morning followed by chilling on the back deck with something on the grill and a drink in hand.

-andy

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Cool calm mornings for coho fishing and mild sunny warm mid days for biking, hiking, boating are my favorites.
Warm overcast evenings are also perfect for playing badminton with my kids in the backyard. Lounging on the hammock under the shade of our maple tree with popsicles or playing with the pup isn't terrible either.

PXL_20210828_133222896.jpg

PXL_20220526_003538559.jpg

Itchy Dog

Steelhead
The cold and wet spring has really sucked as far getting my new lawn to germinate. This last week it started to finally pop but we need a few more days to push 70 so it comes in thick and then needs mowing every 3 days (which I will complain about), all so I can yell at the neighbor kids to get off my damn lawn. Every day should be 75 and sunny, with a gentle, productive rain after midnight each night. And repeat.