NFR Spilling gas in the house makes your wife mad...

Non-fishing related

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
So...

I was moving a plastic fuel tank to the garage so our local tweaker population didn't "borrow" it from me. It's one of the ones that is designed to lay horizontal, but has a handle to carry it vertically. Like this:

1658939252772.png
Now, the shortest way to the garage from the front yard where I was standing was to go through the house. This was, as I would find out, a Very Bad Plan™. As I'm walking through the living room, I felt something wet on my leg and started to look down just in time to hear my wife yell "That smells like gas!". And sure enough, there was a small hole in one of the top corners (that became the bottom corner when carried vertically).

4D7412D6-9AFF-4ACA-8D3F-EA1C9D4F2377.jpeg

I spent the next 4 hours mopping the floor multiple times and trying to air out the house. Oh, and this was in the middle of our house being all masked off for exterior painting. So I had to tear the plastic off the windows (and pay the painters to get it put back on again).

My wife slept at the in-laws that evening. Good times. Lesson learned.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm pleased to read that you had such a good time learning that lesson. Mad wife or not, bet you don't make that mistake again!

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
If my foggy memory going back 50 years is correct, rebuilding a motorcycle engine in the house seems to upset wives as well . . .

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I broke a bottle of braggs apple cider vinegar in the bag of groceries on the back upholstery seats of the car 2 days ago... and it's 100 degrees.. Lesson learned, slow down. I would say gas in the house is way worse.

kerrys

Ignored Member
If my foggy memory going back 50 years is correct, rebuilding a motorcycle engine in the house seems to upset wives as well . . .
Not mine. She has helped me rebuild several motorcycle engines on the kitchen table. The last custom bike I built was built in the living room of our two bedroom apartment. That bike was sold and the proceeds became the down payment of our first house. You got to know how to pick ‘em.

BriGuy

Life of the Party
So...

I was moving a plastic fuel tank to the garage so our local tweaker population didn't "borrow" it from me. It's one of the ones that is designed to lay horizontal, but has a handle to carry it vertically. Like this:

View attachment 24773
Now, the shortest way to the garage from the front yard where I was standing was to go through the house. This was, as I would find out, a Very Bad Plan™. As I'm walking through the living room, I felt something wet on my leg and started to look down just in time to hear my wife yell "That smells like gas!". And sure enough, there was a small hole in one of the top corners (that became the bottom corner when carried vertically).

View attachment 24777

I spent the next 4 hours mopping the floor multiple times and trying to air out the house. Oh, and this was in the middle of our house being all masked off for exterior painting. So I had to tear the plastic off the windows (and pay the painters to get it put back on again).

My wife slept at the in-laws that evening. Good times. Lesson learned.
I wanted to "Like" your post, but didn't feel that was right. I wouldn't want you to think I was enjoying your pain.

I feel for you, man! I've executed my fair share of "very bad plans". Oddly, the frequency of them hasn't diminished as I got older. Hope you're a better learner than I am.

My wife hasn't disowned me yet and still keeps me around because I can kill spiders in high places.

My mother was furious when she came home to find my motorcycle in the middle of the kitchen for a service. My argument that it I could not do the work outside because it was raining wasn't well received. That was 45 years ago. First time I ever heard her use foul language😀.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
when the broker and I walked through the coastal house we raised out kids in..'the house is rough and we need to get in and out while the tenants are gone, they are a real problem'...there was a partially dissasembled pan head Harley engine in the living room, parts laid directly on the carpet, house stunk of oil and gasoline. All cosmetic stuff, saved me a bundle on the purchase.

Last edited:

kerrys

Ignored Member
when the broker and I walked through the coastal house we raised out kids in..'the house is rough and we need to get in and out while the tenants are gone, they are a real problem'...there was a partially dissasembled pan head Harley engine in the living room, parts laid directly on the carpet, house stunk of oil and gasoline. Bought it for cheap.
Damn bikers…

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Not mine. She has helped me rebuild several motorcycle engines on the kitchen table. The last custom bike I built was built in the living room of our two bedroom apartment. That bike was sold and the proceeds became the down payment of our first house. You got to know how to pick ‘em.

Screenshot_20220727-214127~2.pngis this you kerry?

kerrys

Ignored Member
You better hope my wife doesn’t see this. She is about 120 but has more fight in her then most men twice her size. I’ve known her for over 25 years and back off if I even think she is getting pissed. She can wrench a Harley and can takeout most that ride them.